[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advice for someone who wants to become more articulate? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: hitler-speech-1935.jpg (94 KB, 982x737) Image search: [Google]
hitler-speech-1935.jpg
94 KB, 982x737
Any advice for someone who wants to become more articulate? I do a lot of thinking and reading and have developed many ideas and opinions that i want to be able to communicate effectively.
>>
Start by reading my diary, tbqh
>>
>>7476272
Aristotle's Rhetoric
>>
i also have this issue. sometimes i pretend to be mute.
keep in mind you've never heard Thomas Pynchon's voice
>>
>>7476297
newfag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ds4OLUDIvg
>>
uh you have to talk to people
>>
File: Crowd-shot.jpg (677 KB, 1458x626) Image search: [Google]
Crowd-shot.jpg
677 KB, 1458x626
>>7476468
>yep thats his voice, and here he is doing a cameo in inherent vice
>>
read mein kampf, watch Hitler's speeches
Goebbels also had great oratory skills
>>
>>7476297
>never heard Thomas Pynchon's voice
>kek
>his voice is everywhere
>>
>>7476479
Lol Mein Kampf is total dogshit even aside from its idiotic politics its just written horribly
>>
>>7476545
It was a best seller wasn't it?
>>
>>7476545
>its just written horribly
>its
>>
File: 1443844034288.jpg (60 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
1443844034288.jpg
60 KB, 625x469
>>7476564

yep, and still gets really high ratings by people who actually read it with an open mind; the Stalag Edition on amazon has 4/5 stars by 940 reviewers
>>
>>7476468
>pee-chon
it's fucking PINE-CONE

PINECONE
>>
>>7476584
I thought it was PIN-CHIN
>>
I remember listening to some comedians on O&A talking about how different it is to experience stand-up before and after you become a comedian yourself, because once you try actually performing it you become self-conscious and aware of things like joke structure, rhythm, body language, timing and so on for the first time. You develop a clinical eye for it.

I suppose rhetoric and oratory is the same thing. You can listen to speeches by politicians and debates all you want, it will only work if it's a complement to your own practice.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.