[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally finished this tour-de-force. Took me a few months because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: gosetadickman.jpg (10 KB, 160x241) Image search: [Google]
gosetadickman.jpg
10 KB, 160x241
Finally finished this tour-de-force. Took me a few months because I really got wrapped up in the culture and became absorbed with the story and the transformations.

What did /lit/ think?
>>
shameless cash-grab
>>
>>7475708
>>
>>7475708
>>7475752

Neither of these speak of the content of the book. No wonder /lit/ is shit.
>>
What was the argument for people not reading this on principle?
>>
>>7475759
Faggots needing a reason to feel important as if they have values in some outstanding life experience.
>>
this post is the most obvious b8 in the world

>100 page book of large scale font
>months to read
>culture around it
>????
>>
>>7475759
The book was announced very soon after Lee, who is near-senile, got a new lawyer/agent because the one who'd been with her for 50 years died. Leaks indicate that Lee had refused for decades to publish Go Set a Watchman because it was a novice-tier draft and she knew it wouldn't measure up to Mockingbird.

It's suspicious, and Lee's childless and dying so she doesn't need the money. Might as well throw the finger to her agent and publisher.
>>
File: 800.jpg (90 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
800.jpg
90 KB, 800x450
>>7475700
>>7475759
>>7476140
pic related
>>
Write a book of memes. Wait until 2070 to publish a follow up book of memes.
>>
>>7475700
>tour-de-force

sadfrog
>>
>>7476115
It's 270, and the 60's was an important time in the country.

Also

>page reading speed shaming

#checkyourprivilege
>>
>>7476515
it has like 2" margins and 24 point font, with like 2 inches of room for page numbers, its a children's book with less pictures
>>
This novel was absolute trash and does nothing but tarnish the legacy that Mockingbird earned Lee. I'm not even a fan of the book past reading it in high school and picked this up based on hype. What a sad state that was. It's literally nothing but a cash grab.

I'd first read the book late at night and when I was falling asleep and blamed that for my lack of comprehension. I did this the next night and struggled with the text. The prose is so sprawling and unfocused it made me feel illiterate. Absolutely nothing was relevant in the beginning and was described in the most detailed dullness allowed.

The 'plot' doesn't begin until over half way into the book and even then it's nothing worth the time invested to read or write. There is only about one chapter that had any merit and decent ideas unto it. Then the books slowly ends just as dull as it began. Leaving me wondering what I just read and why.

This is obviously a first, maybe second draft. Nothing is properly focused and there is so little care given to structure. I can see why the editor chose to have Lee expand on the portions that took place in the past.

>>7475757
Here's your speaking to content, faggot. Still shit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.