[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw ive been obsessed with music and film for the past 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: last-year-at-marienbad.jpg (198 KB, 1354x573) Image search: [Google]
last-year-at-marienbad.jpg
198 KB, 1354x573
>tfw ive been obsessed with music and film for the past 5 years
>start reading seriously in september
>havent watched a film in almost 2 months and i dont really care about music anymore

What the fuck happened to me
>>
>>7470088
you never actually cared about either of them, you were just in them for the image they gave you
>>
>>7470088
shit film yo
>>
>>7470088
You were never into music or film to begin with 2bh
>>
>>7470096
>you never actually cared about either of them, you were just in them for the image they gave you

I thought about that possibility but that's not my case, none of my friends share my interests and i dont really talk about them.

Maybe im just depressed?
>>
>>7470088
Maybe your tastes are cyclical and you became saturated with film and music.
>>
>>7470115
did you ever post on /mu/ or /tv/ or anywhere and talk about how patrician you are and how pleb other people are

if so, you were in it for the ego boost
>>
>>7470088

You finally found the entrance to the Imaginarium, anon. Have fun.
>>
>>7470119
>if so, you were in it for the ego boost
>implying we're in it for anything else
>>
>>7470158
>mfw make music
>mfw learning about new music only presents me more ideas with which to express myself

>mfw job involves books
>mfw knowing a lot about my field of work is probably a good idea

>mfw I wouldn't do these things if i didn't love them

I really don't get people who fake it for image or something
>>
>>7470097
it's a classic
>>
>>7470096
Its impossible to invest that much time in a hobbie just for the image. If you have no interest in a field, you wouldn't even think that is fashionable.
>>
>>7470166
You wouldn't have made this post if you weren't at least a bit conscious about your image t b h.
>>
>>7470227
i can talk pretty confidently about who i am because i'm comfy with it tho
>>
I only watch maybe one film per month on average. It's just two hours that I'd rather spend reading in the evening. Well, I watched them a bit more frequently when I had a gf because it's somewhat more social than reading, but I felt a bit indifferent to most of them. Narrative in cinema is pretty undeveloped and I'm not that interested in cinematography and editing and stuff.
>>
>>7470138
Wtf
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 720x400
>>7470088
Similar thing happened to me. In my case it's just that when you invest time in one there's little left for the other.
>>
>>7470088
Congrats, you graduated.

Same thing happened to me.
>>
>>7470096
>>7470119
Spooky posts
>>
>>7470234
>>7470576
Perhaps you are more interested in literature then?
>>
You prob just over-saturated, you will overdo reading then eventually find a balance tbqh
>>
I cycle through interests like that. I spent high school mainly listening to music, a year watching 500 movies, and now I'm reading a 100 or so books a year without watching/listening to much.
I don't know how long this'll last. Just enjoying it while it's still new and fresh. I don't even know what's next or what else is there.
>>
File: Piavoli.jpg (39 KB, 364x246) Image search: [Google]
Piavoli.jpg
39 KB, 364x246
>>7470994

Probably this. I am in the same boat as OP.
Was obsessive with film/music now it's mainly lit..
>>
>>7470994
That's only if you read for entertainment 2bh.
If you read for knowledge/power then you'll probably never tire of books.
>>
>>7471080

Cool soapbox moment, but he didn't say that. He meant that you'll slowly start to find time for the rest again. The post was pretty straight forward.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.