[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name of the Wind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13 KB, 183x275
This book is fucking awful.
I should have listened to you guys earlier.
>>
It's teen fiction / Harry Potter rip off. What did you expect?
>>
I thought it was an enjoyable easy read. I'm incredibly busy at work recently preparing texts for students to analyze, so having something mindless like this was fun.
>>
>>7468254
It's definitely garbage. Calling it a Harry potter rip-off can't be right.
>>
>>7468254
Plebs always seem to miss how he completely rips off Le Guin.
>>
Why is parents die and kid goes to school a rip-off of anything? That plot line is primordial.
>>
look at the cover for christ's sake what did you expect
>>
>>7468389
The cover looks like sparrowhawk's shadow that was following him in the earthsea books.

>>7468261
Where is the dark wizard he must face?

Yes a band of evil sorcerers did kill his parents because they were going to expose them, but there is no "mark that binds kvothe to his killers", or any of the other shit in hairy patta(slang for vagina).

Nor did harry act sprung around ginny, cho, and Hermione, while constantly being friendzoned, and standing outside the room as Chad pummels their pussy and faces.
>>
>>7468245
Someone in another forum recommend me this book, he said that Rothfuss was Shakespeare.
Should I read to laugh at him or is not worth the effort?
>>
I thought it was a brilliant book, really interesting setting and storyline
>>
>>7468260
I feel sorry for you, you've grossly misunderstood this book. I feel for your students.
>>
>>7468447
>another forum
You mean Reddit?
>>
>>7468714
A gaming forum.
>>
>>7468527
I wasn't preparing this for them. I meant I wanted something to read for fun alongside what I'm preparing for class.
>>
File: 9780199541898.jpg (16 KB, 180x274) Image search: [Google]
9780199541898.jpg
16 KB, 180x274
>>7468389
The cover is literally every cover of Wuthering Heights with a monky/wizardy/virgin dude photoshopped in.
>>
>>7469501

Kinda like the story amirite
>>
This book is fucking awesome.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.