[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this book any good, guys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: images (2).jpg (24 KB, 316x466) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
24 KB, 316x466
Is this book any good, guys?
>>
If you like well-written freaky shit it's a good time.
>>
>>7464107
>freaky
It's trippy you donkey dong.
>>
>>7464079
The title is stupid in that it has zero relevance to the story other than some meaningless location
>>
What's /lit/'s verdict about China MiƩville ?

Fuck, is this his real name ?
>>
Its super bad dont read it
>>
>>7465600
I fucking hated the first book I read of his. Utterly loathed it. The man cant make good characters to save his life. However, there was some potential, so I still am wrestling with whether it would be worth it to read OPs book.
>>
>>7465600
He has nice biceps
>>
Shit characters, decent prose, good settings, childish attempts at moral and political criticism. It's an okay read.
>>
>>7465600
I've read Railsea and Embassytown, and liked them both very much
>>
>>7464079
And then.... ... he fucked a cockroach!!!!!
Hahahahaha!!
>>
overly ambitious and doesnt live up to it. At first you might be interested by setting/characters, but by the end youll realise that a third of the book was utterly unnecessary
>>
Armada is actually better
>>
The plot was non-existent. The characters were less than one-dimensional, and only one was developed in any way over the course of the book. He had a great time introducing a load of wacky races and monsters which had no real impact whatsoever and were literally used as punching bags for his villain. You could cut yourself on his edgy writing style.

Oh, and pugnacity intensifies

The most well-written part of the book was the blurb.
>>
>>7466553
Which one did you read?
>>
I was loving it until the plot shits the bed in the last quarter.
>>
>>7467490
that bit was super unesscesary to the plot in the end. I think he only even included it as a fuck you to lovecraft.
>>
Bad ploy and prose but amazing and really well accomplished flow of fast paced ideas and imagery. Well worth reading on the grounds of the sheer number of trippy ideas and images he pushes on ya
>>
>>7468794
I was just kafka meme posting
>>
Why do soo many peopple think it was well-written? I cringed at every turn. Especially his attempts to explain some bullshit science.
>>
>>7467836
You mean the scar?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.