[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend a book for a /v/irgin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: Generic_Bookshelf.jpg (70 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
Generic_Bookshelf.jpg
70 KB, 525x525
I want to start reading books and I've found an interesting subject I'd want to read books about. Fantasy, scifi doesn't matter, however the subject should be about assassins. Can you help me at all?
>>
>>7463892
The Assassin Legends: Myths of the Isma'ilis by Farhad Daftary
>>
>>7463892
The Vagina Ass of Lucifer Niggerbastard
>>
>>7463892
The Cuckoldry of the Cuck'd Cuckolds. The most Cucks that will Cuck.
>>
Daftary, Farhad (1990). The Isma'ilis, Their History and Doctrines. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN0-521-37019-1

Daftary, Farhad (1995). The Assassin Legends: Myths of the Ismailis. London: I.B. Tauris. pp.88–127. ISBN1-85043-950-8
>>
This will be the only honest answer on this thread: The perfume by Patrick Süskind. It has everything an edgy /v/irgin would want from a book, and it's good.
>>
Stark, Freya (2001). The Valleys of the Assassins and Other Persian Travels. New York: Modern Library. ISBN0-375-75753-8
>>
>>7465465
Wait, what happened to the word filters?
>>
Daftary, Farhad (2007). The Isma'ilis: Their History and Doctrines. Cambridge University Press. ISBN0-521-85084-3
>>
>>7465483
They were cucked by Hirohito.
>>
>>7465474
I had to read that for school. I wouldn't consider it very /v/ish.
>>
Gonna tag along for this thread OP. I've got a question in a similar vein, i'm looking for some Japanese fiction, or rather, fiction set in Japan or Psuedo-Japan, Sengoku - Edo periods preferably but if theres interesting stories surrounding the later periods (WW1-2)

Preferably more, really anything that romanticizes the traditional Japanese culture that isn't a fucking manga. I've heard good things about Across the Nightingale Floor / "Tales of the Otori" series, but not too sure about going full into a series since it might turn to shit.

Any help is appreciated. Good luck OP.
>>
baka desu senpai. Cuck.
>>
>>7463892
The Witcher books
Anything by Brent Weeks
Malazan book of the fallen
Black company by glen cook
>>
>>7465495
What's "/v/ish" then? A book based on he halo universe? the books that made that guy who wrote assasin's creed?

I want to make the OP a favor, he wants something assasins and the perfume's protagonist is one. Maybe it's exactly like the so-so deep stories from videogames but it's a good book.

>>7465528
Anything by Yukio Mishima
>>
>>7465570
>Maybe it's not exactly like the so-so deep stories from videogames but it's a good book.
fix'd
>>
>>7465570
> Anything by Yukio Mishima
Quite the bibliography, thanks mate, any particular suggestions?
>>
>>7465575
Proceed chronologically, desu, Anon-san.
>>
File: 1428319246383.jpg (150 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
1428319246383.jpg
150 KB, 620x413
>>7465590
Thanks.
>>
>>7465575
Start with Confession of a Mask or Temple of the Golden Pavilion
>>
>>7463892
>for a /v/irgin
Literally read Woman Hating by Andrea Dworkin.
>>
>>7466980
Stop shilling her for fucks sake
>>
read the fucking sticky
>>
>>7466986
>shilling
Since when is raising awareness of ludicrously underrated authors "shilling"?
Also you're sounding like /pol/.
>>
Foucault's Pendulum.

Not only does it have people who kill people, the conspiracy plot is pretty close to the Assassin's Creed games in terms of absurdity.
>>
>>7465492
KEK DESU SENPAI
>>
>>7467036
cuck desu senpai
>>
>>7467042
>>7467036
interestingly, only the cuck word filter has been lifted. I'm fine with senpai but desu is a bit too weebish.
>>
>>7463892
Stick to videogames kid.
>>
>>7467048
epic cuck
>>
>>7466998
Oh no I sound like an image board

I will go and change my ways
>>
>>7465528
I think mishimas tetralogy covers 1900-1980ish i only read the first but it had a decent amount on japanese culture around the turn of the century-ish?
>>
>>7465613
Thanks man.

>>7467787
Really any sort of fiction set in Japan is fine, i'd be fine with something like Tokyo Story in book form. But i do prefer the lighter side of reading so that's why i was asking for Samurai / Ninja shit. But anything is fine so long as it captures the feel.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.