[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HEY AUSFAGS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: KYD20-2D-LowResolution.png (744 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
KYD20-2D-LowResolution.png
744 KB, 683x1024
What local Aussie literary journals are worth reading/submitting to? I know of the basics like
>Kill Your Darlings, The Lifted Brow, Archer, Voiceworks, Cordite, The Canary Press, Going Down Swinging, Overland, Meanjin, Dumbo Feather, Seizure, Tincture Journal and Quadrant.
...but what's good? Obviously I haven't read them all. Actually I've only read a few issues/segments of Kill Your Darlings, but even then I didn't find it too worthy of my time/money.

Or are they just all shite?

thenkyu
>>
bumping 4 u
>>
Lifted Brow is good
>>
>>7460444
I saw that it had published work by Tao Lin and DFW.
>>
buuuump
>>
>>7460230
Cordite is good and free online
>>
Cool poems from a crossover project between TLB and cordite http://vault.theliftedbrow.com/UMAMI/toby-fitch.html
>>
NONE.

any aus lit journal will run for three issues.

the first issue promises all the cool things it's going to do.

the second issue tries to explain why they haven't been done.

the third issue sorrowfully closes the journal down and announces the name of the new one.
>>
There's no such thing as a good Australian author. But that'll soon change, once I release my god-tier novel I'll be known as the greatest Australian/international author of the century.
>>
>>7460757
I wasn't asking about authors, but okay. (good luck beating my shakespearian epic of slothropian delights and plunders, a post-modern epic to moisten the flaps of DFW (god bless him) himself.)
>>
>>7460687
not baaaad
>>
>>7460783
There's no such thing as a good Australian author, so in turn, there's no such thing as a good Australian journal.

>(good luck beating my shakespearian epic of slothropian delights and plunders, a post-modern epic to moisten the flaps of DFW (god bless him) himself.)

Good luck beating my Moby Dick-esque Spaghetti-Western novel that will take the world by storm and bring Melville back from the grave to praise my brilliance as I shower him with the billions of dollars that he is owed by the world.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.