[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is don Quixote happy or miserable? Is he a hero or not? As a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Is don Quixote happy or miserable?
Is he a hero or not?

As a person who found Don Quixote a boring and tedious read can someone help me with these questions?
>>
You don't deserve answers.
>>
>>7457723
why? are you against explanations?
>>
File: A giant fucking asshole.jpg (23 KB, 220x272) Image search: [Google]
A giant fucking asshole.jpg
23 KB, 220x272
>>7457710
Why do you care? You are clearly a moron and will derive no use from having your inquiry answered.
>>
>>7457710

If you didn't care about the book, why do you want to know the answers to those questions in the first place?
>>
>>7457863
I want to learn to like it.
I am sure I am missing something.
I said that I found it tedious and boring, not that it is a tedious and boring book.
>>
>tfw havent read don quixote yet cause want to get spanish to a good enough level to read it in spanish (with the occasional phrase to look up)

i-i'm nearly there i hope
>>
>>7457887

Keep in mind that Don Quixote himself speeks in an archaic from of Spanish, so to read the book in the original language, you have to like, learn Spanish twice.
>>
Why is OP getting all the hate?
I didn't like Don Quixote the first time I read it as well.
>>
>>7457868
what's the diff
>>
>>7457961
that I may be wrong
>>
>>7457977
that's dumb. the book is your experience of it, nothing more, nothing less. it's not right or wrong. there is no platonic objective evaluation to which yours subjective one has to aspire.
>>
File: 1113141412.jpg (29 KB, 351x412) Image search: [Google]
1113141412.jpg
29 KB, 351x412
one must imagine don quixote happy
>>
Of course he is happy. He is reviving the lost art of the knight errant and quite successfully I might add.
>>
File: 1416140499866.jpg (37 KB, 528x384) Image search: [Google]
1416140499866.jpg
37 KB, 528x384
>>7458142
>>
File: 1448737190014.jpg (45 KB, 400x346) Image search: [Google]
1448737190014.jpg
45 KB, 400x346
>>7457887
Literally the only use I have for Spanish.
>>
>>7457887
I tried this bro, got in maybe 50 pages but gave up as it was just way too much work and I couldn't really follow what was happening. I'm reading it now in English and I understand why it was foolish to attempt in Spanish, don Quixote's language is supposed to be very antiquated, almost like reading Shakespeare in Spanish (but not quite that bad). I'm gonna try ficciones by Borges next, hope that goes better.

Also reading 2666 translated right now but I have a feeling I could handle it in Spanish. Very good so far, much more modern language too
>>
>>7457710
I wish to be a modern-day Don Quijote.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.