[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be ravished by the beauty in everything >too talentless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1434898572866.jpg (128 KB, 358x350) Image search: [Google]
1434898572866.jpg
128 KB, 358x350
>be ravished by the beauty in everything
>too talentless to ever express it

JUST
U
S
T
>>
newsflash: ur a fag
>>
>>7450267
Back to /tv/, fag.
>>
If you can't externalize your knowledge or conception of the world, then you don't have any knowledge of the world at all.
>>
SAME
A
M
E
>>
>>7450284
i can, but i can never do it justice
>>
> capable of writing amazingly about nothing
> completely incapable of seeing anything worth writing about

I get what OP is saying but in an upside down kind of way
>>
>>7450290

You need Hegel.

Everyone does, really.
>>
validate your appreciation for something that you find beautiful by learning everything you can about it and understanding it to your fullest potential

then, your admiration will translate from your head onto paper very naturally
>>
>>7450267
>tfw all your lit ideas will die with you and will never be shared with others
>>
File: advicedogplain.jpg (16 KB, 369x305) Image search: [Google]
advicedogplain.jpg
16 KB, 369x305
>>7450267
what does "ravished by the beauty in everything" actually mean? do you just sit around admiring things?
>>
>>7452950
It was rape
>>
>>7450267
>be ravished by the beauty in everything

that's a nice way to say that your dad molested you
>>
>be ravished
>this is somehow positive
Girls aren't allowed here, y'know.
>>
>>7453432
who is this person? care to tell us more about their work / writing / personal philosophy?
>>
>>7452995
the world rapes us with it's beauty
>>
File: 1394340846590.jpg (82 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1394340846590.jpg
82 KB, 720x960
>not realizing that every artist is tormented by the gap between experience and expression
>>
>>7454035
no, that's kinda a myth. expressed inexpressible is something artists think about but it's difficult to determine from the inside out, i.e. from within the artwork. every artist is tormented mostly by the fear of being discovered a fraud, a pretentious facade.
>>
File: 1449088589870.gif (3 MB, 400x434) Image search: [Google]
1449088589870.gif
3 MB, 400x434
>>7453432
>tfw you realize it's just one of many of their hobbies
>>
>>7454765
>every artist is tormented mostly by the fear of being discovered a fraud, a pretentious facade.
Yes, you're probably right. But authors often write that what they achieve is only a pale imitation of what they had in mind, which is what I meant.
>>
I feel like trying to constrain it into art taints the beauty and purity of the world. Or maybe I'm just a bad drawer/poet.
>>
>>7454780
>pale imitation of what they had in mind
who writes that? maybe I don't get out enough. I mostly read poetry.
>>
>>7454806
I've heard it from several authors. The first that comes to mind is McCarthy
https://youtu.be/y3kpzuk1Y8I?t=1m25s

Poetry is different. A writer who spoke at my University, Joe Dunthorne, said that it was easier to achieve that vision in poetry than in prose because in a novel someone always has to open a door, or do some practical thing like that for it to progress, whereas in poetry you're unhindered by that type of thing.
>>
>>7454822
thanks for the vid
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.