[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I read to build self control in myself? I've looked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
What can I read to build self control in myself? I've looked online but everything seems like unhelpful self-help stuff. I really struggle to maintain habits which I impose on myself and my life is really a mess right now because of me.
>>
>everything looks like unhelpful self-help
>give me more self-help
>>
On a related topic, what kind of books can I read to learn how to move my hand?

Help
>>
>>7449768

If your life is a serious mess and you think you have actual mental problems, a book won't help you and you should probably seek professional help.
>>
>>7449768
Do you need to get in the habit of reading books? If not you should probably do something else
>>
spend your time better, then make it habit. start as small as you need to. but remember, it has to be better than before.
>>
>>7449768
go to an aa meeting - or church - or close the fucking books and learn new ways of being
>>
>>7449768
thnx for the rare Wallace.
>>
I would suggets studying psychology. Knowing how your head works, will increase chances of taking control over it.
>>
>>7449768
Read the Nicomachean Ethics and man the fuck up.
>>
>>7449768
hey, i was in the thread that formed this wallace, i posted the original stoop kid and someone shopped it. i'm glad it's catching on.
>>
>>7449768

Mindfulness in Plain English.

>>7450367

This isn't reddit. You don't get any internet points. Plus, no one is going to believe you. Overall, just keep it to yourself, and be joyful that your memes are propagating.
>>
nothing you read can give you self control no matter how eloquently it tells you of its importance

there needs to be an effort by you to better yourself. only you can do this part
>>
File: hey fuck you buddy.jpg (27 KB, 213x317) Image search: [Google]
hey fuck you buddy.jpg
27 KB, 213x317
>>7450391
hey, fuck you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.