[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Barely writing 300 words a day >And every single one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: depression-06.jpg (34 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
depression-06.jpg
34 KB, 500x333
>Barely writing 300 words a day
>And every single one of those 300 words are shit

What's the point of even going on?

I'd be better off learning how to be a plumber or electrician or something along those lines...
>>
something something plumber something something you're writing is shit
>>
>>7449393

Go to a therapist to talk about your bullshit.

Go cry on tumblr.

If you are here, kindly shut the fuck up.

GTFO

Reported
>>
>>7449393

I write 300 words a day

And they're all "shit"

Everyday I add another 300 "shit" to my draft

I'm still looking for a publisher to take on my ever-growing manuscript
>>
>>7449421
lel
>>
'An hero' Paul Auster.
>>
Write more
How much time have you been writin?
>>
Many great writers take many tries to achieve a good chapter/book. Make sure you are trying your best and don'
>>
>>7449626
>don't give up
fix'd
>>
>>7449551

Okay
>>
>every single one are shit
>>
>>7449393
>What's the point of even going on?

There is none.

>I'd be better off learning how to be a plumber or electrician or something along those lines...

I don't know, a plumber or electrician requires you to have half a brain and a good work ethic which you obviously don't have. Have you ever though of being a janitor? Garbage Man? Think trash and filth related....
>>
>>7449713
>>every single one are shit

The removal of the "those" makes the sentence grammatically incorrect, but only because you made it so, neyh?
>>
Do you like to write? If yes, do it. Who cares if it's shit if you like doing it?

Don't hope that your book is going to be popular or that you will live off it.
>>
>>7449393
You will slowly get better. Just keep reading and writing every single day.
I used to cringe at my writing but now it's pretty good.
if only I could come up good ideas
>>
>>7449393
Trying to hard
>>
>>7449740

not the same anon, but in fact the original sentence was equally incorrect since the subject was still 'one' and called for a singular verb. 'Those' is an object of a preposition.
>>
>>7449853

Modern English (i.e. English following 1968) has always accepted plural verbs in substitute for non-gendered verbs.
>>
>>7449393
>Be OP
>Sit down to write paper
Shit shit shit shit shit shit. Shit shit, shit shit shit shit shit shit shit. Shit shit shit shit shit...
>>
>>7449891

See >>7449421

Your idea has already been taken

You fucking hack

Kill yourself, pretty please
>>
>>7449393

>I'd be better off learning how to be a plumber or electrician or something along those lines...

Yup. Art is for the rich.
>>
>>7449902
>Art is for the rich.

Gogh lived and died poor
>>
>>7449900
I came here to write shit and pass captchas.

And I'm all out of captchas.
>>
>>7449916

Yeah. That fucking sucks.
>>
>>7449924

So the admission that art is NOT just for the rich is accepted, no?
>>
>>7449928

Van Gogh's brother was an art dealer though, so he still had connection to the bourgeois art world that helped cement his legacy, it;s not like he was some "outsider" living in a tiny town in America
>>
>>7449928

No. I do not accept. Van Gogh lived and died poor and in a pit of depression. That's a shitty life.
>>
>>7449941

Yes, because Van Gogh was accepted less than a decade after his death.

OH WAIT-
>>
>>7449882
But what would Modern English have to say about subject-verb agreement? Because that's what's actually relevant.
>>
>4,000 pages of library books due in 2 weeks
>still reading at 10 pages a day
>>
the literature career can't be just read a lot of fucking books all the time. we have to stay quiet, get older and think a lot. you just have to be patient, dont give up. just keep thinking. and always remember: there'll always be someone better than you.
>>
>>7449956

What book is 1000+ pages?

WHAT BOOK IS 1000+ PAGES???
>>
>>7450106
Anatomy of Melancholy
>>
>>7449393
>something along those lines.
There's your problem, OP. Avoid Cliches.
>>
>>7450221

What would be a non-cliche way of saying "a profession dealing with those two that I have just mentioned before"?
>>
>>7450223
just say " or someshit" thats wut i do
>>
>>7449393
That would also be true if you were an excellent, prolific and even already-published writer. It's best not to assume you can earn enough even to survive by writing fiction.
>>
>>7450230

But that's also cliched?

That's what I'd imagined your cliched Tony Amerzero to say?
>>
>>7450235
yeah but it relieves the pretension so it doesnt matter if its shit, the problem is when u try to get all serious like "omg i don't know if my career as the greatest writer in american history is going to take off, what should i do?" and then drop a big stinky ol cliche its just ... bad
>>
>>7450252

Is "something along those lines" really more of cliche then "someshit"?

Really?

really?

REally?
>>
>>7450259
well it sure is a hell of a lot shorter; this isn't an essay for school, you don't have to try to wring an extra 3 words out of every phrase to make the page count
>>
File: huh.....png (173 KB, 284x361) Image search: [Google]
huh.....png
173 KB, 284x361
>>7450270
>well it sure is a hell of a lot shorter;

Oh

yes

this makes it better

Thank you, Hemingway
>>
>>7450276

Are you implying Hemingway isn't one of the greatest writers of the English language?
>>
>>7450134

Not even 800 pages

https://books.google.co.kr/books?id=cPgveWnCdRcC&printsec=frontcover&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false
>>
>>7449393
Are you reading any books on writing or taking classes or getting critiques? Because you're probably not going to figure it out on your own
>>
>>7451119
Not OP but interested
What books do you recommend?
>>
>>7449421
underrated
>>
>>7450884
Are you implying Hemingway is one of the greatest writers of the English language?
>>
>>7449393
bump
>>
>>7451470

weak bait
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.