[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post yfw you read about objectivism for the first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8
File: image.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 286x258
post yfw you read about objectivism for the first time
>>
File: 1414785439048s.jpg (2 KB, 97x125) Image search: [Google]
1414785439048s.jpg
2 KB, 97x125
>>
>>
:|

was inculcated by a high school english teacher who was a randian cultist. brought in robert bidinotto to speak and made the class participate in ayn rand institute essay contests.

i still feel fond of the fountainhead but in retrospect i also feel mindraped
>>
File: looking fab as usual lads.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
looking fab as usual lads.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>Not vigorously pursuing your own happiness.
>Being unethical in 2015
>>
tbqh i was more interested in the sex scenes of atlas shrugged than the philosophy. i didn't even know it was a philosophy. never finished it. who is john galt?
>>
Objectivism has it's own dimension, but it can't be some sort of hegemonic philosophy that explains life and reality.

You don't want your neurosurgeon being a total subjectivist when he's operating on your brain, you want him to have some respect for objective and measurable reality.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 271x186
>>
>>7448669

wait atlas shrugged had a sex scene too? I jacked off to the one in the fountainhead like 4 times when I was 15. I bet Ayn Rand was mad horny.
>>
>>7448669
John Galt was the anonymous dude Eddie (Dagny's bitch) bitched to. Made no fucking sense, don't even bother.
>>
>>7448692
Yeah, Ayn Rand sure loves non-con.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8 KB, 257x196
>>7448681
your homework wiki: objectivism
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 480x311) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 480x311
>>7448667
>>
>>7448660
My fourth grade teacher had the class split into two groups, jews and nazis. The nazis got to be mean to us. The next day he switched it off and we got to be mean to the nazis. This was a few years after Zimbardi and the Stanford Prison Experiment (the experiment not the movie).
Yeah, I'm that fucking old.
He was a dipshit teacher and a Creationist. His name was Mr. Nietzsche, that didnt mean shit to me though, I was 9.
>>
>>7448692
Yea, she's a pretty good smut writer. Quite titillating for high school me. A few quotes in there
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/02/atlas-shrugged-book-club-entry-3-enjoying-the-smutty-parts/273456/

>>7448695
I can't remember shit.
>>
File: 1441813820418.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1441813820418.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>7448705
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.