[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just started this and what the fuck. Am I supposed to be completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Infinite_jest_cover.jpg (28 KB, 300x464) Image search: [Google]
Infinite_jest_cover.jpg
28 KB, 300x464
I just started this and what the fuck. Am I supposed to be completely lost? I can enjoy the little stories given in each chapter, but I have no idea why they are being told. How am I supposed to make any sense of them as a whole? Am I even supposed to?

Guve me the strength to keep going /lit/.
>>
>>7444103
http://infinitesummer.org/
>>
>>7444103

It's like that the whole way through. Good luck.
>>
>>7444103

>just started

Literally just keep going OP, it's hundreds of pages in before some plot lines tie together. All memeing aside it's a great book, stick with it and it's an overall powerful experience.
>>
File: Screenshot (96).png (551 KB, 1551x776) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (96).png
551 KB, 1551x776
>thinking a good book is even supposed to make sense before you have finished it one time at least
>>
>>7444155
In many cases one hopes to at least be able to keep up with events.
>>
>>7444103
the beginning is the hardest part. By the time you hit page 200 things will be making a lot more sense.
>>
I'm on page 860 and Its good but I dont know where the fuck its going desu lads

does it end with justice?
>>
>>7444203

>page 860

Okay....at least SOME stuff should be coming together by now
>>
Literally one of the best modern novels I've ever read. Keep reading it, senpai(ily).
>>
>>7444103
Just keep going no matter what. Also I hate to break it to you but a second reading will be necessary unless you are an extremely astute reader, you will want to anyway though. But things won't start taking shape until the last quarter or so.
>>
>>7444776
also your confusion is very much so a conscious dimension of the novel worth exploring while going through it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.