[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had to choose one, which one would you pick? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: choose.jpg (105 KB, 524x399) Image search: [Google]
choose.jpg
105 KB, 524x399
If you had to choose one, which one would you pick? Why?
>>
Endless prose about nature or endless info dumping of whale hunting facts.

I'd rather end myself.
>>
>>7443326
Not to be that guy, but whaddya mean by choose? Choose one to exist and the other not to? One to take with me to a desert island? One to say 'this one is of better aesthetic quality than the other?'

I mean, they're important for different reasons, I like them for different reasons...
>>
the Dick that is Moby
because: less hobbitses
>>
Moby Dick for the romance
>>
>>7443336

If those meme complaints are t all you got you out of those books...you havent read those books.
Thanks for offering to help but we've got this, thanks.
>>
moby dick

>>7443343
cute
>>
File: frodo-and-sam (2).jpg (30 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
frodo-and-sam (2).jpg
30 KB, 500x324
>>7443352
>implying LOTR isn't the ultimate slash fic
>>
>>7443326
Evil is subtle.
There is no Whale.
There is no Sauron.
Evil is ethereal, ephemeral, eternal.
Kill Trump and there will be a thousand more.
>>
>>7443340
If you could only have read one, which one?
>>
File: هل هذا إغراء؟.png (12 KB, 527x422) Image search: [Google]
هل هذا إغراء؟.png
12 KB, 527x422
>>7443326
As much as I like Tolkien, I love Moby-Dick and Melville so much more. It should be pretty obvious.

who here /survivedtheblackout/?
>>
>>7443326
Probably Tolkien because of the religious content (which i am fond of).
>>
>>7443326
There are probably only 10~15 anons here who have read both.
>>
File: 872709._SX540_SY540_.jpg (54 KB, 403x540) Image search: [Google]
872709._SX540_SY540_.jpg
54 KB, 403x540
>>7443455
I read them both. i havent read Tolken in 20 years tho. I read MD for the second time last month.
It's fucking metal.
>>
>>7443326
Not even a question: Moby-Dick: it's beautifully written and deep and insightful, and it helped establish, by a delayed reaction, America as a literary superpower.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.