[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Book club
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Get in here guys, we're reading Portrait. We have a call every two weeks to discuss what we've read. We've already read Confessions of a Mask.

Add okon21211 to be added, the group is extremely active.
>>
When are you starting, what's the pace?
>>
>>7442077
add okon21211 to what, skype?
>>
are pretty people only allowed?
>>
>>7442135
Yes, skype

>>7442128
From the beginning, read up to chapter 2 by Dec 16

>>7442139
No, the group doesn't care about looks (at least speaking for myself, I would assume the group isnt shallow), why do you ask?
>>
>>>/soc/
Remember kids, sage and report if you want to keep these cancerous 'clubs' off of /lit/
>>
>>7442145
>why do you ask?
do you see other face-to-face. sounds gay.
>>
>>7442154
? We don't go on webcam during our calls

>>7442152
Oh, fuck back off to r9k, /soc/ doesnt read and you know it.
>>
I might join, i'll come on skype tonight when I'm home.
>>
>>7442145
>why do you ask?
because I don't want to look at ugly people
>>
>>7442077
Bump
>>
>>7442077
As if I would let you assholes taint one of my favorite books. Fuck off.
>>
What'll be the form of the bookclub? I know on skype etc. But any general guidance for topics or just free-wheelin' discourse?
>>
gravity's rainbow club's death was sad
>>
>>7443373
Well, there is a general structure as to what we choose to read, and how much we read per two weeks. If you're solely referring to how our analysis goes, it all really depends on the book. People will ask questions and then it just picks up from there. Usually we'll try to get at what the book is exactly trying to say and why.
>>
Are you 'Savannah'?
>>
>>7442077
This book shouldn't take more than 3 days .

>>7443468
You are on 4chan. Land of the lazy who never complete anything and then blame it on their self-diagnosed tumlbr-tier mental disadvantages.
>>
>>7443468
shit club for a shit book. compare that with IJ one where they actually managed to finish it.
>>
>>7443813
Yes, why?

>>7443828
We're all quite busy, most of us are in school. most of our time is dedicated to our studies.
>>
>>7443856
>shit
Excellent ruse, friend.
>>
>>7443897
Nah, a ruse would be Pynchon is good. But who would believe that?
It speaks to the quality of the book that hardly anyone bothered to finish it.
>>
>>7443925
>took time to be in this thread
>>
>>7444734
>[incoherent greentexting intensifies]
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.