[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some books about purgatory-like worlds? Infinitely vast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: the-purgatory[1].jpg (440 KB, 1400x1040) Image search: [Google]
the-purgatory[1].jpg
440 KB, 1400x1040
What are some books about purgatory-like worlds?
Infinitely vast and empty planes, complex labyrinths with no exits or ends, rooms where leaving through the back door will only take you back in through the front door, things of this nature.
>>
>>7440000
nice quads. start with the borges
>>
>>7440008

I'm so angry, my library system, the entire fucking system serving millions of people, has essays on borges but none of his godamn books.
>>
>>7440036

At least this site has them. https://sites.google.com/site/thebooksofsand/home
>>
>>7440000
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_mirror_in_the_mirror
>>
>>7440036
btdigg, bookzz... cmon.
>>
>ready to get spooked? there were once two men.... and yet, in the eyes of God, they were the Same Man.
>like it? buy my short story collection, 20 Versions of The Same Thing
>>
>>7440761

Some people like the feel of actual books.
>>
Anything by Beckett. Some may argue that his characters are in some sort of hell, but that is un to you to decide.
>>
>>7440000
good numbers. the road's kind of like that but not really since there's a road and all.
>>
>>7440036
my library system is nothing but alphabetical characters arranged at random in infinite permutations. some say if you look deep enough into it you'll find the word of GOD, but to be honest it's kind of a pain in the ass.
>>
>>7440790
I prefer the reading of actual books.
>>
my diary desu
>>
File: 02_JORGE_LUIS_BORGES_.jpg (362 KB, 728x533) Image search: [Google]
02_JORGE_LUIS_BORGES_.jpg
362 KB, 728x533
>>7440036
that's actually hilarious

>>7440000
Beckett: Le Depeupleur / The Lost Ones especially
O'Brien, The Third Policeman
>>
File: Brittany.jpg (3 MB, 5760x3840) Image search: [Google]
Brittany.jpg
3 MB, 5760x3840
>>7440000
I'm interested in this question too. I read a great (albeit genre-fiction) book called Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell a few years ago that featured precisely this, it would be nice to see some literary-fiction interpretations.

Hard to take that pic seriously when the actual castle is in Brittany.
>>
>>7441777

They tore down that old labyrinth years ago, said it was mucking up the view.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.