[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people say Ulysses is hard? It's no more confusing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: IMAG1251.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1251.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
Why do people say Ulysses is hard? It's no more confusing than your average psychedelia.
>>
Christ man you have the most feminine looking hands I've ever seen if that's you
>>
>>7437932
Universally that person's acumen is esteemed very little perceptive concerning whatsoever matters are being held as most profitable by mortals with sapience endowed to be studied who is ignorant of that which the most in doctrine erudite and certainly by reason of that in them high mind's ornament deserving of veneration constantly maintain when by general consent they affirm that other circumstances being equal by no exterior splendour is the prosperity of a nation more efficaciously asserted than by the measure of how far forward may have progressed the tribute of its solicitude for that proliferent continuance which of evils the original if it be absent when fortunately present constitutes the certain sign of omnipollent nature's incorrupted benefaction. For who is there who anything of some significance has apprehended but is conscious that that exterior splendour may be the surface of a downwardtending lutulent reality or on the contrary anyone so is there inilluminated as not to perceive that as no nature's boon can contend against the bounty of increase so it behoves every most just citizen to become the exhortator and admonisher of his semblables and to tremble lest what had in the past been by the nation excellently commenced might be in the future not with similar excellence accomplished if an inverecund habit shall have gradually traduced the honourable by ancestors transmitted customs to that thither of profundity that that one was audacious excessively who would have the hardihood to rise affirming that no more odious offence can for anyone be than to oblivious neglect to consign that evangel simultaneously command and promise which on all mortals with prophecy of abundance or with diminution's menace that exalted of reiteratedly procreating function ever irrevocably enjoined?
>>
>>7437935
I know, right, imagine getting a handjob from those hands, right? It'd probably feel really good, just like a woman's hands.
>>
>>7437936
Fuck Oxen of the Sun so hard.
>>
>>7437932
if you would, please explain in your own words what that means, OP? i'd really appreciate that, no joke.
>>
File: image.jpg (273 KB, 866x1108) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273 KB, 866x1108
Top fishing, friendo.
>>
>>7437932
Nice bait
>>
>>7437954
Ulysses is a simple, conversational book. A real page turner when compared to impenetrable classics like Moby Dick
>>
File: rustled my jimmies.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
rustled my jimmies.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>7438120
>>
>>7437932
It is complicated but it's not nearly as bad as some of the people on this board claim
>>
>>7437960
DELETE THIS
>>
>>7437939
L-lewd.
>>
your average psychedelia doesn't purport to mean anything or signify much. ulysses is supposed to mean much more. whether it does or not is up to you to decide.
>>
most scenes have many references to other things
>>
Penelope was probably the most difficult thing I’ve ever read; I had not realised how important punctuation was.
>>
File: IMAG1522.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1522.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
>>7437935
>>
Because your mom made Ulysses hard. *badum psh*
>>
>>7437932
how come you drew over the cover with a sharpie
>>
>>7439615
It's how the new printing looks
>>
>>7439615
And even if he did it himself, it's obvious the reason why
>Yes
>>
>>7439540
would facefuck with/10
>>
File: image.png (346 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
346 KB, 500x500
>>
damn i'd lick the fuck out of those hands
>>
>>7437932
Where the hell are you in this image
>>
>>7440043
this
>>
>>7440053
Behind the camera
>>
>>7440053
A coffee shop, obviously
>>
>>7440014
no stop this is confusing
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 400x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 400x410
>>7440043
Why? They obviously belong to a guy's. I do not understand the obsession with male body parts when female body parts are equally attractive.
>>
>>7437932
i say that about gravitys rainbow, but people still call me out on it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.