[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone read Elliot Rodgers's 108,000 word Manifesto;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13
File: santabarbraShootin_2921168b.jpg (38 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
santabarbraShootin_2921168b.jpg
38 KB, 620x387
Has anyone read Elliot Rodgers's 108,000 word Manifesto; 'My Twisted World'?

What did you think? Do you think it will ever see an official publication? What is your opinion on promoting creative content of immoral people?
>>
he's a poor writer
>>
File: tumblr_nas7lqbIRn1tezt7xo1_500.png (23 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nas7lqbIRn1tezt7xo1_500.png
23 KB, 489x423
>>7437369
tfw elliot lived the literary lifestyle more than you ever will
>>
>>7437378
go throw ice tea at some girls
>>
>>7437369
>What is your opinion on promoting creative content of immoral peo
Immoral people are superior artists.
>>
>>7437369
I skimmed over it. Wasn't too interesting. Seems to me like he was writing to try and appear like a more logical person than he was, and justify his actions. It was filled with bullshit about how he had been wronged by the world. I doubt it will ever see an official publication, as it doesn't say anything insightful about the world, and publishing it would be entirely edgy. I am fine with the release of "immoral" content though. Free speech and all. If you want to read an interesting manifesto, check out Industrial Society and Its Future.
>>
>>7437395
Did someone like Charlie Manson or Alistair Crowley ever do a worthwhile Manifesto?

I'm very much interested in getting inside the head of twisted people (not trying to be edgy -- i just like to see how those kinds of people rationalize their own worldviews)
>>
this guy didn't kill anyone but himself but his blog is Elliot Rodger tier
https://mrtalented.wordpress.com/
>I realized that I would have to use violence in order get the response that I desire. By starting an independent civil war where I will hit over a million Asian Women in the face with a stick will change history.
>>
>>7437411
some more pearls
>TODAY, I DECIDED TO USE 6 HOURS OF MY DAY TO FIND ASIAN WOMEN LOCKING HANDS WITH CAUCASIAN MEN. HERE ARE THE CHRONOLOGICAL TIMES THEY APPEARED.
>TODAY, MY GOAL WAS TO COMPLIMENT 100 WOMEN. I’VE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED MY OBJECTIVE. UNFORTUNATELY, I ONLY COMPLIMENTED 100 ASIAN WOMEN. THIS MAY NOT SEEM PECULIAR TO MOST AFRICAN AMERICAN MEN, BUT OUR CONVERSATION NEVER GOT PASSED MY COMPLIMENT AND A SMALL FEW OF THEM SAYING THANK YOU. HERE ARE THE CHRONOLOGICAL TIMES OF MY COMPLIMENTS. THANK YOU FOR READING. STAY TUNED.
>GOODNIGHT WORLD. I’M HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT I’VE COMPLETED DAY FIVE OF DRINKING 8 DIFFERENT TYPES OF WATER. SUCCESS FEELS AWESOME TONIGHT! THANK YOU
>>
>>7437426
>Drinking 8 different kinds of water
Simply amazing
>>
>>7437411
that elevator post is ace
>>
>>7437426
>I’M WORKING ON A NEW INVENTION THAT’S A LITTLE DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN. NOW WITH EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE ON PATENTS AND COPYRIGHTS- I’LL BE ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY MAINTAIN MY LATEST INVENTION. IF IT’S REALLY USEFUL MAYBE I’LL MEET THE PRESIDENT AND I’LL BE SURE TO LET HIM KNOW HOW HORRIBLE AMERICAN’S TREAT ME.
>HENRY FORDS T-MODEL SHAPED HISTORY. THE WRIGHT BROTHERS AIRPLANE CHANGED THE WAY PEOPLE TRAVELED FOREVER. GEORGE WASHINGTON CARVER’S INVENTION OF PEANUT BUTTER WAS PHENOMENAL… BUT THE INVENTION OF THE OUIJA BOARD IS A TOPIC THAT CONTINUES TO REMAIN A MYSTERY. HOW DOES A PERSON INVENT A BOARD THAT TALKS TO SPIRITUAL LIFE FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION. THIS TYPE OF PRODUCT LEAVES ME CLUELESS. THAT SENSE OF KNOWLEDGE IS EXTINCT AND I FEEL VERY DUMB. HOW DOES A PERSON SIT DOWN AND COME UP WITH THE IDEA TO SPEAK TO GHOSTS AND A FEW YEARS LATER HE OR SHE SUCCEEDS. SOMETHING IS MISSING FROM HUMAN ABILITY.
>>
>>7437369
those that have read it seriously agree that it's a genius exploration of the descent into madness the hollywood lifestyle can engender. some buy into the LA ride completely but are incapable of getting on. this is america. elliot is what america has been building up to for 250 years, no, protestantism since luther. if it were fiction it would be hailed as the greatest and most meaningful work of the last decade. read it again, under the assumption the author is creating a character.
>>
I skimmed through it and it had a very typical "trying to sound smarter than he actually is" sort of tone.
>>
Elliot completely lacked self-awareness. he could have left out a lot of his crying, spergy self-centeredness, and the details of his privileged upbringing, but as it is he looks less like the victim and more like a whiny fag. he really hurt the cause of the beta uprising.
>>
File: 1385301631151.png (314 KB, 368x447) Image search: [Google]
1385301631151.png
314 KB, 368x447
>>7437426
>TODAY, I DECIDED TO USE 6 HOURS OF MY DAY TO FIND ASIAN WOMEN LOCKING HANDS WITH CAUCASIAN MEN.

Jesus fucking Christ he was mentally ill.
>>
>>7437411
holy shit he went out in a blaze of glorious autism
>>
Someone find his pic
>>
>good looking
>fairly wealthy
>has no problem approaching women

Imagine just how batshit insane he must've been to never get laid.
>>
>>7437441
>OUIJA BOARD
What is google? It was a board game.
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.png (563 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.png
563 KB, 569x802
>>7437554
>good looking
>>
>>7437411
>>7437426
>>7437441
He's trying too hard. It's no funny. Sounds like a normie writing satire.
>>
>>7437565
but he actually went through with it (hitting Asian girls in the face)
>>
>>7437570
Prove it
>>
>>7437369
I've skimmed through it

he is an average writer at best

he should have edited it more

his actions generally follow a logic, but a twisted one

he was as a person pretty pathetic and fragile, with a sociopathic streak
>>
>>7437579
Normie interpretation. It must be great to live life being this dense.
>>
>>7437576
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/29/nyregion/how-a-life-that-showed-promise-veered-into-violence-against-asian-women.html
>>
>>7437582
meme reply to a meme interpretation
>>
>>7437538
> his decomposing body was found at the bottom of an elevator shaft in a building on Madison Avenue. He was wearing a silver spacesuit and had a noose around his neck. The other part of the rope was still tied to the elevator.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/29/nyregion/how-a-life-that-showed-promise-veered-into-violence-against-asian-women.html
>>
im still convinced Elliot was that self hating half asian that used to make threads on /r9k/
>>
>>7437585
This is actually really fucking sad.
>>
>>7437585
>“That’s why we thought he was so nice, because he was from Canada,”
Goddammit! America is fucking stereotype of itself.
>>
>>7437601
They've found the threads / posts he made on /pol/

Here's some of his google search history: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-isla-vista-elliot-rodger-search-history-nazis-20150219-htmlstory.html
>>
File: funny-vegetables-p_3513949k.jpg (99 KB, 366x536) Image search: [Google]
funny-vegetables-p_3513949k.jpg
99 KB, 366x536
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/4949138
>>
I speed read it. Other than a few brief unexpected moments (related to his pathetic loneliness) he had no real self awareness
>>
>>7437405
Unabomber manifesto (technological society and its future) is based. The Norway guy plagiarized parts of it
>>
>>7437685
Is this all normies get from the book?

It's pretty depressing to see so many of you people shitting up these threads with your narrow perspective.
>>
>>7437695
I'm no normie, I probably have less of a social life than he did, and I'm kissless. The narrow perspective was his
>>
He reminds me of that Slavoj Zizek theory. People who identify too directly with a given ideology will self destruct. In his case he identified with the capitalist Hollywood world without the ironical distance that is usually needed.
>>
almost every problem in America can be traced to insincerity
>>
>>7437369
Yes. I also read the one of the guy from... Norway? Was it? Anders Breivik I think is the spelling. His was a lot better - probably because he was an actual madman who believed in what he was doing and not some edgy child trying to write.
>>
>>7437726
nah
>>
>>7437744
Nah. Brevik's manifesto is an incoherent collection of plagiarized texts that often contradict each other.
>>
Does anyone else disappointed that all of these mass shootings and acts of terrorism aren't big enough? He only killed what, six people? The most recent one in California, only fifteen? I want to see something big. I want to see a whole country nuked.
>>
>>7437585
Lmao

The problem is black people. It explains this jealousy and hatred towards whites and western culture. They hate themselves so much. After looking into the mirror for so long and realizing that every man is not born equal, the negro lashes out against the world. I guess it's a culture.
>>
>>7437835
That's an act of war, not a mass shooting

The Paris thing was pretty sizeable, anyway, and if you aren't a kid you probably saw 9/11 too
>>
>>7437835
ISIS apparently has chemical weapons in Europe
waiting for a brutal civil war then an era of peace and prosperity
>>
>>7437839
But don't you want MORE?! There's been no act big or entertaining enough since 9/11.
>>
>>7437844
>TFW Europe becomes a prosperous aryan Ethno-emirate under a global caliphate
>>
>>7437837
yeah white skin is normal. So if you are not normal why not JUST
>>
>>7437837
>>7437881
it's more that he bought into the victimisation meme
media has convinced him that his problems are due to racism which means a) his outrage and violence was justified in his eyes and b) his defect (race) was inescapable and so the only way to fix this is suicide
also reading his blog he clearly also bought into the whole "think positive" nonsense and it didn't work
the water thing is truly baffling though
>>
>>7437864
are you 15? why would you want this

>inb4 i was only ACTING retarded
>>
>>7437919
not him, but I wish there was a really big happening so the European people could wake up and avert their course towards civilizational suicide
>>
File: iem7PLJ.png (1000 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
iem7PLJ.png
1000 KB, 720x540
>>7437927
>>
>>7437931
what does that even mean? you leftists always have to resort to memes when you can't engage in rational argumentation.
>>
>>7437919
I'm 28. :) It's complicated. In general I have a very 'do no harm' philosophy, but on the other hand I find the majority of people intensely disgusting for one reason or another. And I don't think there's much that can lead humanity as a whole toward any significant introspection other than some terrible catastrophe.
>>
>>7437955
I am likening you to a silly dog. Frankly you're not worth arguing with.

>>7437990
A terrible catastrophe like the one you want won't lead to anything but war or a police state
>>
>>7438005
I just believe my people have a right to exist and prosper as they have for centuries. What is wrong with that? Leftism is just an expression of ressentiment and guilt. You have decided weakness is virtuous, thus western civilization should be destroyed as punishment for its strength and superiority. But I won't stand by it, I will fight to the death for my people.
>>
>>7437990
>https://mrtalented.wordpress.com/

>28
>just read watchmen for the first time

Come back to /lit/ in a few years, lad.

On topic, I'm surprised at the number of people in this thread who aren't immediately repulsed by how adolescent Rodger's writing is. I mean sure, reading it like this anon did >>7437450
is interesting, the fact remains that he wasn't a character. So it isn't genius. It's none of those things outright. You can read it that way, but at best you could compose a genius interpretation of an adolescent work, not reveal the genius -of- the adolescent work.

> if it were fiction it would be hailed as the greatest and most meaningful work of the last decade. read it again, under the assumption the author is creating a character.

This is an interesting thought, but I seriously wish metamodernism would go away already.
>>
File: 1447907397130.png (189 KB, 398x307) Image search: [Google]
1447907397130.png
189 KB, 398x307
>>7437955
>please validate my idiocy by arguing with me you meanie!!!
>>
>>7438019
>I will fight to the death for my people.
No you won't.
>>
>>7438019
You're really putting words in my mouth here, man. Europe will continue to exist and prosper, thinking otherwise is idiotic.

>I will fight to the death for my people
I really doubt that, honestly
>>
>>7438053
>>7438066
yawn
>>
>>7437620
there's absolutely no evidence of elliot rodger posting on /pol/ or /r9k/ or 4chan at all.

he had known accounts on puahate and a bodybuilding forum
>>
>>7438005
That's very probable. I'm not really optimistic for any kind of reform, and not that there is any end game, or that a higher more nuanced morality won't just lead to a more nuanced pessimism. It just feels like at a a certain stage of development life collapses on itself or something.

>>7438033
What is your measurement for adolescence or genius, my man? Your world view? Thomas Pynchon's?
>>
>>7438066
>thinking otherwise is idiotic
no, it is your line of thought which is idiotic. Millions of savages are currently storming our borders, they hate everything we stand for and won't rest until all the glories of european civilization are destroyed. What would Shakespeare, Orwell, Stirner, Aristotle feel if they saw their successors so willing to throw away everything they fought for?
>>
>>7438109
>roleplaying a crusader this hard

>>>/tg/
>>
File: shoe.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shoe.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>7437620
>nazi anime
>>
File: lyk de climet.jpg (11 KB, 282x350) Image search: [Google]
lyk de climet.jpg
11 KB, 282x350
>>7438109
>Shakespeare, Orwell, Stirner, Aristotle
>>
>>7437591

>Silver spacesuit

wut
>>
>>7438079
>worldview
Le phenomenology experience meme
>>
File: bait 18.png (4 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
bait 18.png
4 KB, 224x225
>>7437837
>>>/pol/
>>
What's with all this crusader rping nowadays? Is LARPing not fun for them anymore?
>>
File: Kurt-Angle-TNA-645x370.jpg (99 KB, 645x370) Image search: [Google]
Kurt-Angle-TNA-645x370.jpg
99 KB, 645x370
Blood elves are nazis
>>
>>7438238
You taught me a new word! You are very smart! You are very preceptive! You are very knowledgeable of memes! I love you very much!
>>
>>7437369

Still falls short of this masterpiece of literature.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Richard_McBeef
>>
>>7437394
no they are generally inferior as they have no powerful motivations bro
>>
>>7437405

Crowley Was a Tory, he'd basically be a liberal republican in the USA.

He was anti-abortion, an elitist etc. the guy really wasn't that twisted, he presented himself as such to get his texts and practices more popularity though.

His world view can be understood as a mixture of Monism, Nihilism, Hedonism, Dualism, Asceticism, Platonic Philosophy, hermeticism, Jewish Kabbalah, Kashmiri Sivaism and antinomian Christianity.
>>
>>7437411
That guy legitimately had major issues, abandoned early in life, struggled with bipolar, couldn't afford medication.

I didn't ask for these feels
>>
>>7438705
Fuck man. Wish I knew about all those isms.

Where did you learn about all that stuff?
>>
read the first couple paragraphs, then stopped. he sounds like a fucking anime villain
>>
>>7437384
>ice tea
>ice
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 243x180) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 243x180
>>7439316
>anime villain
>>my fucking sides
>>
>>7438019
personally, I think the best thing for humanity is unilateral depopulation by the very rich and powerful. I would say annihilation of humaniry but that is even more unrealistic unless a fortuitous supernal even should come to pass
>>
>>7438005
>le silly dog face

Reddit is that way
>>
he should have stuck with skateboarding
>>
>>7439273
wikipedia
>>
File: reptoid.jpg (22 KB, 224x300) Image search: [Google]
reptoid.jpg
22 KB, 224x300
>>7439581
DON'T WORRY ANON, THE PROCEDURE HAS ALREADY BEEN INITIATED. SOON YOU TOO WILL KNOW OBLIVION.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.