[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're travelling and you can only pick one of these books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1206152032.jpg (347 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1206152032.jpg
347 KB, 1280x960
You're travelling and you can only pick one of these books with you:

"The Road" - Cormac McCarthy
"Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors" - Carl Sagan, Ann Druyan
"Hatchet" - Gary Paulson

Pic related.
>>
the road.

then i would stop in a book store and buy some more good books.
>>
I sage this stupid thread and tell you to fuck off and only make one when you have something worthwhile to discuss
>>
>>7431584
I would take one sell it. Then, with the money I just gained, I would by The Recognitions: the only book one could ever need.
>>
>>7431584
i take my 3ds.
>>
I would scroll my phone rather than reading those three
>>
Hatchet. Read it as a child and would use the time to see what it's like as a man.
>>
>>7431886
This, very fond memories of it. I have an actual hatchet because of it.
>>
Depends on where I'm traveling

I mean, if I'm gonna be innawoods I would take hatchet because I know nothing about survival on my own
>>
that part in hatchet when he's drinking out of the lake with the dead pilot in it
>>
File: 1449460106585.png (54 KB, 210x180) Image search: [Google]
1449460106585.png
54 KB, 210x180
>>7431584
I would shitepost on /lit/ instead.
>>
>>7431584
The Road, of course. It's not as good as Blood Meridian, but it doesn't deserve nearly the amount of shit it gets here. The library (bookstore?) scene is something I still think about quit often.
>>
>>7433647
"He took out the plastic bottle of water and unscrewed the cap and held it out and the boy came and took it and stood drinking. He lowered the bottle and got his breath and he sat in the road and crossed his legs and drank again. Then he handed the bottle back and the man drank and screwed the cap back on and rummaged through the pack. The ate a can of white beans, passing it between them, and he threw the empty tin into the woods.

Then they set out down the road again."

fucking enlightening.
>>
>>7433650
Oh so we're going to do this thing where we cherry pick a few sentences out of a book without context and pretend it is representative of the work as a whole?
>>
>>7433667
yes.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.