[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> understand Heidegger perfectly > Struggle to read Sartre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
> understand Heidegger perfectly
> Struggle to read Sartre
> I think I finally understand...
> "Wait, that can't be what Sartre means, because that's fucking retarded!"

Into the trash french existentialism goes. I'm glad Heidegger called them out on their bullshit.
>>
>>7428910
> I think I finally understand...
> "Wait, that can't be what Sartre means, because that's fucking retarded!"

Please, expand.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>french philosophy
>>
>>7428910
What did you understand from Sartre?
>>
>be a smug asshole who "understands Heidegger perfectly"
>come to /lit/ to show off how smart I are
>trash talk meme philosopher no one has the balls to claim they genuinely like
>pat self on back and reference Heidegger again
Hurr Dee durr faggot
>>
>>7428914
>>7428918
Trying to preserve subjectivity with a Heideggerian phenomenology. But maybe I'm wrong. I don't really care. He's trash.

>>7428919
Did he or did he not write an entire essay in response to Sartre's butchering of his philosophy? Did Beauvoir not attempt a really bad defense of Sartre's interpretation?
>>
>>7428930
>starting an argument with "did he or did he not"
>stopped reading
>>
>>7428930
so you stopped reading at the very bottom
>>
>>7428941
I'm confused now, anon, was this for me?
At any rate I don't think you should "toss out" any philosophy just because it butchered its interpretation of another philosopher's work.
>Then how would we take Satanism seriously?
I see where you'd want to shove Sartre into a well if you're more open to Heidegger, as Heidegger wrote himself and his philosophy. But I like Sartre and your thread rustled my jimmies.
>don't rustle my fucking jimmies
>>
>>7428954
I just find Sartre difficult to understand and I think maybe it's because HE was the dumbass, not I.
>>
>>7428954
Why do you like Sartre?
>>
>>7428961
I get that. I never got all the way through "Being and Nothingness" desu. Full disclosure, my love for Sartre started with a lecture I heard in his life and I think maybe I just think he was a really cool guy, and that the starkly philosophical works he brings takes a backseat to his plays and Nausea.
>>
>>7428978
On his life *
And if anyone is interested in the lecture it is by Dr. Wesley Cecil, and is on YouTube.
I would encourage you to listen to his series on philosophers (including Heidegger) and also his Myths of the Modern American Mind series. And the languages and civilizations are good ones too.
>just listen to all of them
>>
File: 1437168604365.jpg (713 KB, 1205x1200) Image search: [Google]
1437168604365.jpg
713 KB, 1205x1200
>>7428910
H. lives in potentiality. the Dasein is literally the potential that we can imagine and we should express these potentiality.

this is ridiculous, since h. takes seriously any fantasy our mind produce.
>>
>>7428910
> understand Heidegger perfectly

See this is how I know you're trolling.
>>
>>7429213
what stereotype of person does that image represent?
I cant quite mash it together
>>
>>7429238
It was tongue and cheek and I'm glad someone caught on to that.

But Zizek is right. Derrida is a dogmatic Heideggerian and all Deconstructionists are dogmatic Derrideans.

They understand each other """"""""""completely""""""""""".
>>
>>7429254
literary young man
>>
>>7429213
>>7429254
I think it's babby's reaction to first reading existentialism while liking 90's emo? I relate to it too much...
>>
>>7429288
>>7429294
and thats why he has such a low self esteem?
>>
>>7429254
/mu/tant colleg estudent who spent more time listening to My Girls than talking to girls in high school
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.