[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best place to live in and practice the artistic/literary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
What is the best place to live in and practice the artistic/literary lifestyle without ending up homeless?
>>
prison

room and board is covered and you get to read all the books you want
>>
Any european country with exaggerated welfare.
>>
>>7428488
Real talk
>>
Anywhere where you have access to books and art.
>>
>>7428481
Germany man. Just found out that if you're an artist you can predict your expenditures and winning and the government will pay a chunk your insurance. Or something. I don't fucking know, I suck at bureaucracy, but it sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Of course, you actually have to sell things.
>>
>>7428488
you actually don't get to read all the books you want btw
>>
>having a home and job and still living the 'literary lifestyle'
How are those material attachments working out for you?
>>
>>7428488
>you get to read all the books you want
yeah you get to read all the torn up copies of the same Danielle Steele novel you want
>>
Melbourne
>>
>>7428488
I did three months in county. Read 30 books. The catch was that people could only send you books straight from the publisher. I made an Amazon wish list before I went in and luckily my parents still loved me. The other problem was that you could only possess one book at a time. My girlfriend would pick up my book when I finished and then my mom would send another one.

You can read a lot for sure but there are no comfortable places to do it and you will have to ignore the worst conversations ever.
>>
>>7428814
Did a year back at 2010. At least in my country, actually reading in jail makes a great impression on the staff. I got to work at the prison library project, we had a nice budget to order books with every month. Combine it with books we already had when I came in and second-hand book donations, and I never really had to buy books of my own. We also held a trivia every week and I got to host it after a while. Great way to be loved without being "jail material" (or doing illegal shit).
>>
>>7428901

way to make the best of it. do you now know why the caged bird sings?
>>
>>7428597
they're not my books
>>
>>7428814
>>7428901
What were you in for?
>>
>>7428992
(>>7428901) I tried to bribe a cop after driving (slightly) drunk.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.