[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patrick White
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 482x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 482x298
I have never seen bread on /lit/ about this man, one of the best and most important novelists of the twentieth century. Now's your chance, memesters.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 250x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 250x360
So I'm right to think none of you have heard of the author of "Tree of Man" and "The Vivesector"?

I'm stunned. You people need to read more.
>>
>implying this board isn't just filled with underage Pynchon memers
>>
>>7424324

I'm sure several of us have heard of him.
How about telling us what's so great about him. I've wondered about him.
>>
>>7424244
that's a funny picture of DFW, i didnt know he got that old.
>>
>>7424244
>implying anyone will ever care one way or another about a guy with that name
>>
>Patrick Victor Martindale White
>>
File: Jack.jpg (12 KB, 314x244) Image search: [Google]
Jack.jpg
12 KB, 314x244
>>7424244
rename him Mandrake, and we'll talk.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 426x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 426x346
Patrick White was the only Australian writer to win the Nobel prize (1973), before it became entirely political. His books are deeply psychological, and beautifully written. The language alone is worth the effort. Best thing about him is he didn't give a fuck about anything. Wrote his shit irrespective of trends, memes and the dictates of publishing house fuckheads.
>>
Got Voss coming in the mail to read over Xmas, haven't read him before now though. I'm only just now getting over cultural cringe thanks to Peter Carey, Helen Garner and Murnane
>>
>>7426118 White is the real still. Vivesector blew my mind. I never understood how you could be an artist in Australia. That book explains it.
>>
>>7426139
Sounds great. I'll get onto that one next probably. It's incredible that so many people don't give two shits about Aussie lit when we actually have some really good writers
>>
>>7424244
Are the books about gay shit?
>>
stop shilling your country's literature no one gives a fuck
>>
>>7426463

Worst country to try and use this line on.
We are usually the opposite of that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.