[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
steps of my masterplan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: paulaner-spezi[1].jpg (921 KB, 1721x1721) Image search: [Google]
paulaner-spezi[1].jpg
921 KB, 1721x1721
I want to make money somehow, by writing. Let's say 1000 bucks. Timeframe is about three months, but I'll have to manage some other commitments, too.

Idea:
>SciFi Space Opera (escapist), because I know about lasers
>niveau shoulde be pulpy/at the level of bad airport lit/good fanfiction
>mishmash of Trek, Firefly and a flavor of grimdarkness
>designed to appeal to a nerdy, well-heeled audience wanting to be entertained
>rough outlines of characters and universe specifics laid out
>Pilot with introduction of characters and setting at 50 to 70k words
>Episodes at 30 to 40k words. At least two episodes, even if unsuccesful
>For reference, an installment of Perry Rhodan is at an average of 65.000 words
>cover optimised for e-readers
>massive internet shilling on reddit
>self-publishing
>german version first, english later if succesful

I'm sure to get to 1000 words a day, I'll just have to throw all notions of decency and standards and my own sense of shame over board. Is my plan feasible or deluded? Do you see any errors in my objectives?
I'm new to this, if you have any tips on publishing and such I'd be grateful.

>pic unrelated, goat spezi
>>
>>7423984
Write smut upon commission.
You will get your money and maybe cum a little too.
>>
>>7423992
>Write smut upon commission.
Got a link :3 ?
>>
>>7424004
Found one site a long time ago that had a long list of prompts and requirements, pay and deadlines. Considered writing smut in a wild west setting, decided I was too inexperienced, dropped it.
>>
File: 1446443195739.png (17 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
1446443195739.png
17 KB, 208x250
>>7424021
Ok, thanks.
>pic semirelated
>>
>>7424028
Pic completely related.
I have several pieces in the works that I plan to drop on different sites; mostly niche communities, specific fetishes, weird shit. Should be finishing up the incest short story today.
>>
>>7424044
How much money can you rake in? Is it worth it?
>>
>>7424077
Think it's ~$20 for 5,000 to 7,500 words for the stuff you turn in, rather than the stuff you make for people who come to you (as I understand, that's where the big bucks are) Nothing to make a living off of, but excellent practice for your prose and enough money for a neat weekend.

I suspect that as you become more popular, you'll have to start writing things that are less than savory. Forget gay furry smut, I'm talking about pedophilic shit, rape fantasies, & cet.
>>
>>7424104
>neat weekend
More like NEET weekend.
>>
>>7423984
Damn OP you're on the wrong path.
You write sci fi (if thats your thing) but it should be easy for any idiot to get the metaphoras in your book.
Now your topic has to deal with refugees in some way. If you want to sell your shit to our lovely eastern pegida, you write about the destruction of the universe by sci fi refugees who turn criminal, or the want to sell your shit to the less stupid/ignorant plebs and promote your sci fi refugees.
Bonus points if the planets are ruled by an evil female emporor or lügenpresse.
Its totally going to fucking suck, but hey, its easy money.
>>
>>7424477
I'd rather write sexy evil chancelloress femdom fiction, if you know what I'm sayin ;-)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.