[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth reading or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Confederacy_of_dunces_cover[1].jpg (85 KB, 295x453) Image search: [Google]
Confederacy_of_dunces_cover[1].jpg
85 KB, 295x453
Worth reading or not?
>>
Read it and find out
>>
>>7422755
Yes. It's funny, easy to get through in one sitting, and fits the 4chan mindset.
>>
Yep, read it.
>>
>>7422760
>one sitting
It took me 3 hours to finish the first chapter
>>
>>7422755
It's pretty much a play or sitcom and so is better as an audiobook.
>>
>>7422792
Really? How?
>>
>>7422755
try this, OP:
>>>7422353
>>
Oh my GAUD! I can not believe /lit/, of all places, would ask such philistine questions! Good LORD what is this board coming to? It's as if /r/books had an abortion and we are the mutilated foetus! Leave, OP, leave, I demand it of you, you demagogue of degeneracy!
>>
>>7422917
Please tell me this is 100% sincere.
>>
I tried to like it, especially because I think New Orleans is interesting, but I just got bored and thought Ignatius was annoying, and not in a funny way

I was in NO recently and tried to get a pic with the Ignatius statue but there were a bunch of bums sleeping around it so I didn't bother. I figure he would've approved of my decision
>>
>>7422963
>he had to like the protagonist in order to like the book

Get a load of this pleb
>>
>>7423047
>doesn't know how to read someone's posts except in memes
Get a load of this pleb
>>
>>7422942
Why of course! Boethius, was a delightful puritan whom I base the majority of my world view, lived an authentic life of absolute sincerity!
>>
>>7424871
Thank God. Have a nice day anon. :)
>>
>>7422760
>one sitting
>reading over 300 pages in one sitting

This meme has to die
>>
>>7422963
>but there were a bunch of bums sleeping around it

seems fitting
>>
>>7422755
one of the worst books i've read. written by a neckbeard, about a neckbeard, for neckbeards. read Oblomov and watch welcome to the NHK and call it a day.
>>
>>7424955
>Extroverted Chad College Prof
>neckbeard

pick one. But I agree, its an overrated and outdated book and its novelty will be lost on anyone familiar with pre-reddit chan culture.
>>
>>7424955
Welcome to the NHK is trash
>>
>>7424991
ur trash. it's all just different variations of the superfluous man anyway.
>>
>>7422917
>Oh my GAUD!

Rich Evans is that you?
>>
File: Ignatius J. Reilly.jpg (129 KB, 740x555) Image search: [Google]
Ignatius J. Reilly.jpg
129 KB, 740x555
> Worth reading or not?

Enjoyed it when reading it.

Can barely recall it now.
>>
>>7422917
Ayyy, well done
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.