[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sharing all your books on gr?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: gr.png (7 KB, 486x104) Image search: [Google]
gr.png
7 KB, 486x104
Are there any books that you are hesitant to share on goodreads? I've checked out Mein Kampf, and own a copy of The Turner dairies, but I use books like these to further my education and to get a perspective on how some people think. ( A bit of paranoia on my part, but can't goodreads be used as a possible data base?)
>>
if you don't feel comfortable being tracked don't use social media.

also cool literature thread

>>>/g/
>>
I'm just wondering how others feel, I really like goodreads, but I'm hesitate about "questionable books".
>>
>>7421454
Thousands of people have read Mein Kampf on goodreads
>>
>>7421304
I share everything I read, from YA fiction to classics. Why do you care about what other people think? Just be yourself. I don't care if some stupid fuck mock me for reading YA.

Same goes for Mein Kampf. Are you afraid someone calls you a nazi? Why do you care? You don't have anything to prove.
>>
>>7421304
>can't goodreads be used as a possible data base?
Mate, last year, I started listening to ISIS music, ordered the Qur'an, ordered a book on ISIS, ordered books on genocide, grew a beard, started learning Arabic, enrolled in an Arabic language minor, took courses on Islam and fundamentalist religion throughout the year, watched Salil as-sawarim, read Dabiq, and I haven't been arrested, notified, or followed to my knowledge. Nobody gives a shit, and even if they do, what of it? You're not a Nazi or a terrorist, right?
>>
>>7421519
>ISIS music
links senpai
>>
>>7421519
لعنة الله على الظالمين
>>
Not really, but I hate how it's negatively affecting my reading habbits. I tend to re-read books less often because it doesn't count towards my yearly reading goal
>>
>>7421519
>to my knowledge.
durrr
>>
Like I was saying there's a bit of "unnecessary paranoia on my part" Oh so and so has read this book, instant terrorist. On the other hand it might show your diversity and your will to learn and educate yourself about anything and everything, which may or may not throw up a flag in and of it self. But in the end I'm thinking none of this gets noticed but I still question it, I couldn't care less about what others think, I'm talking about big brother stuff... ehh..
>>
>>7421523
>Salil as-sawarim
The most famous one next to the national anthem, this was made popular by a video of drive by shootings they did in Iraq, claiming them to be soldiers, but all of them wearing civilian clothing
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5ln7AyzxmU

>Ummaty Qad Laha Fajrun
Unofficial kind of official National Anthem
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdwbgsF1UUY

>Akhi Abligh
Sweet tune in general
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CFts4FpKLA

>Qalu innaha wa'ad
Nasheed made to humiliate the forces of Assad
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0v-kQmo70U

>Al Qawlu Sawarim
Not sure if this is ISIS, but it's pretty epic, and hilariously enough the guy who made the video used the fucking Mongols for his video, of all people.. The Mongols..
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXHGCLkQOLM

That's a few of them, if you want more, you can check the recommended links, Qariba Qariba and Soraya Dawlati are two other ones.

Something not ISIS, but kind of like it (although background music makes it haram for hardcore sunnis)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiSQ_db-Dcw
>>
>>7421523
It's pretty /mu/-core
>>
>>7421571
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYjt1-TEQk4 forgot link
>>
>>7421536
You can add books multiple times, so it'll count.
>>
>>7421542
It was a joke, mate.
>>
>>7421523
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vytntw_d62k

their shit is the bomb lmao
>>
>>7421519
I've read a most of the quran and actually like it more than than the bible but it's another one of those books.

>>7421523
Not isis music, but I find tajweed beautiful when done right.

>>7421536
How does it affect your reading habbits, and I believe in re-reading books, I've read The Idiot three times now and each time I've gotten something different from it.
>>
>>7421570
>>7421579
>>7421615
لعنة الله على كلكم
>>
>>7421602
HA! I like you.
>>
>>7421536

Pretty rare feat that you managed to incorporate so much plebeian mentality, impotence, bitterness and poshlost sensibility in a single line of text.

Bravo man, 10/10.

Try not being vain.
>>
>>7421536
Ressentiment: the post
>>
>>7421643
I don't think you know what that word means family
>>
>>7421633
Probably would marry you, if you were a female, do such things exist?
>>
File: 1407937283180.png (36 KB, 690x539) Image search: [Google]
1407937283180.png
36 KB, 690x539
>>7421519
>>7421570
>>
I wish you could just make certain shelves private.

I read a lot of manga and YA, and like to keep track of it, but would rather not share that with everyone.
>>
I don't put erotica on mine

I don't put all the books I read as a teenager on it either

I also don't put textbooks on it
>>
>>7421304

I've been cataloging some religious books I've read/studied in the past (and some I've been looking into again recently). Some of them may or may not reflect my views or beliefs in the past or the present, which have evolved in some personal and difficult ways. I don't especially want religious assumptions, or even any religious discussion really, to enter the picture on my goodreads.
>>
>>7422287
only manga I've read is lament of the lamb, Uzumaki, and working on s-cry-ed.

>>7422309
Why is that, feel it's unnecessary w/ txt books. Not much into erotica but I do have some romance under my belt.
Whats your book count, everything matters in my opinion.

>>7422328
I think I've put the essentials of the kabbalah on mine but not yet with the quran.
>>
>>7422328
But do people ever even comment on your Goodreads, or your reading habits? I mean, my mates will banter about my Islamic studies and Arabic, but I've never had anyone comment on my Goodreads, frankly because I don't think anyone really cares that much. Plus, what's wrong with wanting to study other things? Who can possibly criticize you for wanting to learn?
>>
>>7421304

What did you think of Mein Kampf? If you give it 1 star nobody will blink an eye. If you give it 5 stars, you should probably write a review for it.
>>
>>7421633
If the avoidance of vanity were a goal you actually cared about you wouldn't be posting in a goodreads thread. Social media is a synonym for vanity.
>>
>>7423733
Just add it your your "read" list but don't give it a score
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.