[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I would like to contact Slavoj Žižek by email- but how does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: specialz.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
specialz.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
I would like to contact Slavoj Žižek by email- but how does one go about finding their email?

Are there any other literary figures like this guy that is easier to contact? I am trying to get a hold of them for scholastic purposes.
>>
File: žižek's email.png (9 KB, 631x149) Image search: [Google]
žižek's email.png
9 KB, 631x149
>>7420946
I found his email on the site of Philosophical Faculty of university of Ljubljana, but I think it's outdated, nobody uses arnes as their email anymore.
>>
>>7420946
He has pretty good hearing. Just yell really loud.
>>
I emailed him at his NYU german professorship email address but I haven't heard back. the best way to get in touch is buy a ticket to his show or go to a book signing.
>>
contact his publisher you wanker.

jesus don't you guys know how to do anything.
>>
>>7420946
hes a tripfag on leftypol
>>
someone post more philosophers to email

i want to email some philosophers
>>
>>7421132
http://www.samharris.org/contact
>>
>>7421132
[email protected]
>>
Zizek hates talking to people. Even if you do find his e-mail, its unlikely he'd answer you.
>>
>>7421158
As long as you include some dank memes I'm sure he will answer you.
>>
>>7421158
Well, it's because most people are stupid and scum.
>>
>>7420959
underrated i laffed
>>
File: richard_stallman.jpg (1 MB, 2700x1801) Image search: [Google]
richard_stallman.jpg
1 MB, 2700x1801
Email stallman instead
He responds to like 100% of emails
>but that's not zizek
Just pretend it is
>>
>>7422395
Why do you have a Richard Stallman wallpaper saved?
>>
>>7422395
who is this dude
>>
File: 1.jpg (19 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
19 KB, 300x200
>>7421132
Chomsky will respond if it's not total drivel

[email protected]
>>
>>7422460
Now I'm afraid to email him because I dont know if my email is total drivel

It's a research proposal on linguistics ;-;
>>
>>7422471
his assistant filters out most shitty emails for him so you don't have to worry about wasting his time.

plus sam harris wasted chomsky's time so as long as you are more constructive than him (it shouldn't be hard) you are alright.
>>
>>7422471
do it anyway bro

summarize your proposal here
>>
>>7422460
Do it before he dies!
>>
>>7422505
This will be a pretty crude rundown of it, the writing is cluttered as well, but you'll get a pretty good idea of what I'm looking to do. I'll definitely edit before I send it off.

In limitation of its contextual convention, language fixates as something finitely concrete; words as changeable as the public can categorize and integrate inside themselves. Through research we can begin to progress away from this complacency-- fixated knowledge, in this respect, respires impasse, and only through restructure can it evolve. I propose merging research in both literature and linguistics to innovate approaches to creative writing, assimilating oscillation of experience into my results.

DIVISION I. As literature is a lens for different forms of human experience, I utilize information learned from these core requirements, grasping the mind parallel to its functioning with society and the self. The subjects in this division most derivative of my research are sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics in regards to literature, including individual interpretation of diction. Using information learned about these functions, we find literature's origins of replication, in which linguistics and literature are seen both physiologically and theoretically.

DIVISION II. Through the concentration of linguistics, the foundation set in division one expounds in cooperation with complete historical study of literature, as well as comprehensive studies of the time's representative texts. Here, we establish a material understanding of writing through in depth study of each important text written thus far; we understand all shapes of language and its past innovation, allowing a space for contemporary innovation-- walls built by understanding each set form of creative writing. In utilization of a globalized respect of sociolinguistics, I will examine denotation of language as constructed through emotion by compiling how all cultures apply their own subjective meaning to language, emerging new techniques of creative writing through amalgamating several linguistic approaches to tone and use of speech, creating idiosyncratic and humanistic forms of writing.
>>
>>7422547
Jesus fuck- so long boring ass story short, you want to decipher language and how it is novel to each particular culture that it derives from?
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 435x326) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 435x326
>>7422547
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha WOW.
>>
>>7422547
I don't know if such arcane language is standard in academia and/or linguistics but apart from that, seems relatively interesting.
>>
>>7422561
Well, I want to study individuals and how they interpret language, and how they proceed to express it, then from there I'll study cultures and how they apply their unique tone and figures of speech, and why they express their words this way. Then I'll examine the difference and similarities between the individual and the culture and write some short stories. Division 2 is just to make sure Im not copying anyone.
>>
>>7422562
What's wrong with my proposal?
>>
>>7422573
After I've written it better, would Chomsky reply?
>>
>>7422547
I like it family. Definitely send it to him. It would probably be more refreshing than another email talking about Syria or the Congo.
>>
>>7422598
bro I'm not Chomsky that nigga probably thinks about Sri Lankan geopolitics before taking his morning shower he's on another level, so who knows

go check what other projects he's worked on. All I know is he's a heavyweight in the field so he probably expects good work

but still send it, as I said looks interesting and is linguistics related, not politics related (which his inbox is probably saturated with)
>>
File: 1444621474564.jpg (173 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1444621474564.jpg
173 KB, 500x375
>>7422592
Think about it. Think about what you're doing with your time. You clearly have a high IQ and are obviously a capable person. There is important work in language to be done, even in those shitty fields you are mucking around in. What you are proposing is just fluff. Take a step back and look at it. I understand fluff work will give you clout down the line, but what if you did something better? Something that shakes the world awake?

>I...I can't...

Ok, then.
>>
>>7422635
I appreciate that anon, thank you for the advice, but I'm so shit at anything other than the humanities. I'm bad at math and science.
>>
>>7422648
math and science are just another learning/thinking mindset. It's harder to get better at humanities than it is to get better at math science etc imo

I used to think I was shit at math until I realized I simply failed to consolidate some foundational knowledge in algebra

after checking that my grades skyrocketed. I got straight As in college calculus classes after barely scrapping by with Ds in high school. True story
>>
>>7422591
Have you already studied Kantian philosophy and some Wittgenstein?
>>
>>7422682
I've scanned through them and have watched some videos. I dont have much time in general, so I've been putting off studying philosophy.

>>7422680
I've been trying to do that, but I still seem to get stuff wrong. Maybe my basics still aren't good enough.
>>
>>7422700
Well, perhaps after reading Wittgenstein, you might stop what you're doing.
>>
File: 1445176450885.jpg (66 KB, 1166x731) Image search: [Google]
1445176450885.jpg
66 KB, 1166x731
>>7422648
Jesus Fucking Christ...

Consider using your research in a way that will allow you to predict something. So you can read a paragraph and say 'That's Cuban lit' or 'Pre-Joycean Irish lit'. That would be cool, no? That seems to fit with your proposal... but has a use... and can be summed up easily... Studying collocations & rhetorical patterns in world literatures. That even sounds fun.
>>
>>7422708
Any specific texts?

>>7422710
This is a good idea. I haven't had much schooling so I dont have much of an idea on going about research.
>>
>>7422734
Actually, I could probably do that inside of the proposal I gave. Studying language within the individual in respect to their culture would do just what you're saying, though I would have to study some history as well.
>>
>>7422734
Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus and then Philosophical Investigations
>>
File: Prodkin Gorski.jpg (120 KB, 640x571) Image search: [Google]
Prodkin Gorski.jpg
120 KB, 640x571
>>7422734
>research
Computers. Collocations are easy. Rhetorical structures can be done, there are linguistic programs that tokenize sentences for you.

Look at collocations/rhetorical structures for all X lit from 1889. Look at ten most common.

Do the same for another country/location from the same year.

Now you're the talk of the university-professor town. All their work is now cut out for them. Now your uni has the catalog of world lit collocations/rhet constructs. If you play this right and don't get fucked over, you'll get a building named after you.
>>
>>7422734
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/5740/5740-pdf.pdf

Here is the tractatus.
>>
>>7422757
Hm. Are you trying to make this process more efficient? That's pretty interesting actually.

>>7422759
I'll read it soon. Right now I'm studying for my finals. Thank you for the link, though.
>>
File: enMiV.jpg (40 KB, 444x586) Image search: [Google]
enMiV.jpg
40 KB, 444x586
>>7422841
>trying
I just did. Now steal it and reap your fame and fortune.
>>
>>7422853
My morality pulls
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.