[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUDE ALIENS LMAO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (586 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
586 KB, 2000x1000
DUDE ALIENS LMAO
>>
>>7414759
what if... like you could travel through time?

>I think that's been done before, Mr. Vonnegut

okay but what if like you didn't get to pick where you went, and knew how you were going to die?

>But couldn't you affect your past and future by using knowledge gained time traveling?

ookay but what if you were like a weirdo and maybe a little bit retarded

>who'd want to read a story about a loser retard who doesn't do anything to change his life

okay, hm. okay what if you were still a retard but also had a big dick?
>>
>>7414944
okay what if you could travel through time

>mr. vonnegut you wrote that a while ago

no no, but you didn't choose where you went

>yes sir that's the plot of Slaughterhouse--

no but, you were everywhere at once all the time

>how would character develop?

i dunno, at the end you could get angry at your space friend despite the fact you've slowly cultivated a friendship though he sees shit in the same way you do

>how would that even work

well i would just explain all the sci fi elements, but then ignore it and write it like a relationship between any two non time traveling characters
>>
>>7414759
Hate him as much as you like, but I'd have smoked weed with Vonnegut.

>tfw found out you can freestyle rap to Mf Doom backing tracks spontaneously for around two minutes, using an irregular rhythm scheme, surrealist imagery and occasionally a rough iambic pentameter
>>
>>7414944
>>7414951
>redditors will defend this

He's John Green with a "wacky" rather than a "nerdy" persona
>>
>>7414951
>Hey, Mr. Vonnegut, we need another best seller

no I'm working on it, it's about time travel

>Kurt...

No it's different. Imagine that you could travel through time, but you didn't get to pick where you were going

>This is the plot of SH5 and SoT again, isn't it

No, no! Because... um... this time, it happens to everybody!

>How could you possibly keep track of those threads

Well, no, that wouldn't matter, because everybody would go back to the same point in time, see it'd only happen once

>But is everyone going to be stupid as Billy Pilgrim this time? how would this work?

Well, yah see... what if everyone were compelled to do the same thing

>So, like everybody would be a philosophical zombie and relive the last ten years and watch everything like it was on TV

Yeah, it'd be horrible, wouldn't it?

>Is there any philosophical point to it this time

Maybe, I don't know yet. But, then what if at the end everybody got in a car accident or whatever when they suddenly switched back on

>You're just making this up as you go, aren't you?

I know, it sounds like that, but I'm actually going to spend half the novel making fun of the novel they just bought, explaining the problems with that

>That seems like a huge betrayal of the reader's trust

Yeah but I think I'm done writing, who cares?
>>
>>7414955
fukken pseudo slime
>>
>>7415001
This is what google gave me and I love it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdg-G4PzHok
>>
>>7414956
Fuck off
>>
>>7414982
I wish this was his writing process
>>
>>7414944
>>7414951
>>7414982
>people have a problem with this
>>
>>7414944
But that's not why he didn't change the past
Please read the book again
>>
>>7414982
Timequake is shit though. Everyone knows it's bad.
Slaughterhouse Five on the other hand is great.
>>
>>7415139
Once is bad enough
>>
>>7414759
Vonnegut is a meme gone too far
>>
>>7414759
Bump
>>
>>7417219
Why would you bump this terrible thread? Do you want us to just bash Kurt Reddigut even more?
>>
>>7417222
Yes please.
>>
>>7414759

>DUDE PTSD LMAO
>>
>>7417259
pretty much this
>>
I like Vonnegut but it's kind of crazy to me how up in arms he was about Dresden. I know he was there and it (probably) was unnecessary to bomb it in the first place, but I don't think he ever rescinded his claim that 250,000 people died even though modern historians and Germans agree it was a tenth of that. I'm not trying to downplay what happened, and that's certainly a lot of people (mainly civilians) but it seems like he was trying to latch onto a thing and make it bigger than it was. I donno if that makes sense, I guess I'm rambling
>>
>image.jpg

Ban them
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 600x600
>>7417468
This is what all iPhones post images as because it strips the excif data
>>
File: time-enough-at-last-11.jpg (196 KB, 1113x800) Image search: [Google]
time-enough-at-last-11.jpg
196 KB, 1113x800
>>7417416

It must've been a profoundly horrifying and disorienting experience for him though: the Germans exhibiting their atrocity (inb4 dindu nuffin) and taking him, a fellow German, POW; and the Americans turning a beautiful city into that scene from The Twilight Zone.
>>
AYY LMAO
>>
File: plenary circumnavigation nao.png (1 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
plenary circumnavigation nao.png
1 MB, 1536x2048
>>7417557
DUDE YOU'RE RIGHT I NEVER REALIZED HOW RICH OP'S POST WAS WITH ITS MEMETIC VALENCE
>>
>>7417566
This thread is better written than a Vonnegut novel
>>
>>7417566
sincere lol at this meme remix
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.