[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit. After reading for about 30~40 minutes, I started to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 579x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 579x676
Hey /lit. After reading for about 30~40 minutes, I started to get extremely tired (regardless of how well rested I am). It gets to the point that I'm too tired to continue reading. Any tips on combating this?
>>
(Forgot to add this to original post). Or will this get better as I continue to read more often?
>>
>>7414291
What are you reading? Is it a very dry text? Are you enjoying it?
>>
>>7414335
LoTR, and yes i am enjoying.
>>
>>7414335
Currently reading Lolita. Yes, I'm enjoying it. I don't think it necessarily depends on the text for me. It seems that no matter what I'm reading, my mind gets tired & my eyes start to feel heavy after about 40 minutes. I really enjoy reading though, so I'm hoping I can fix this.
>>
>>7414291
After those few minutes are up, spend 15 minutes on something else like cleaning your room, going for a walk, having a quick snack, etc. Set an alarm. When 15 minutes are up, go back to reading. Repeat every time you start to feel tired.
>>
>>7414335
Actually, now that I think about it, maybe it does depend on the text. I remember getting through catcher in the rye by reading for long chunks of time.
>>
>>7414346
Every 20 minutes look up and look around for 29 seconds. Then continue reading.
>>
After 30 minutes take a break and have a glass of water, try sitting up straight on a rug or sitting cushion, instead of lying on your bed or sitting in a chair.
>>
>>7414291

I always read for one hour, take a smoke. read again. I can read for >12 hours like this.
>>
>>7414291
Take a break ya dingus
>>
>>7414291
COFFEE

DOESN'T WORK?

MORE COFFEE
>>
I helped myself through what you did with Willy Shakes. I took a break after every scene, then two, and so on. Took some time to think about it while I rested my eyes and neck.
>>
>>7414291
Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.
>>
>>7414291
audiobooks is your anwser.
Lord of the rings audio book is quite nice.
He even sings all the songs and legolas has a very gay voice.
>>
>>7415062
Oh that's interesting, I'll try that too. Thanks!
>>
>>7415066
He was meming you mate

Tiredness isn't caused by the book usually, it's because your body is relaxed and comfy. Get up, move a bit, have some water, sit somewhere less sleepable
>>
>>7415072
It's memeing but it's still good advice.
>>
I used to have this problem OP. You really just have to get more sleep. It may feel like you're well rested, but you're not. It takes me ~3-4 days to come back from being extremely sleep deprived and able to read for more than 15 minutes or so.

That, or you just need to practice reading more.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.