[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>try to read >neck gets stiff from looking down at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
>try to read
>neck gets stiff from looking down at the pages for so long
>uncomfortable for the rest of the day
>>
>>7413357
time to change position/warm up/do some stretches
>>
>not doing prereading neck stretches
>being this pleb
>>
>not reading on a neural interface
>>
>not reading while walking with arms up
>>
>not doing starting book
>>
>>7413436
what the fuck? please explain
>>
File: 14363847235420.jpg (33 KB, 556x413) Image search: [Google]
14363847235420.jpg
33 KB, 556x413
>try to become an average raeder (50 pages an hour) for 3 years
> not do anyhting but try to read
>not enough concentration/feeling tired/panic attack/skimming through text without absorbing anything
>see bunch of psychologists and psychiatrists, everybody tells me i need to drop reading
>get pension for schizophrenia, no job, live alone, do nothing but try to read and sleep
>nothing works, still cant read properly
>>
>>7414014
i don't know really what i am saying, but i would suggest you to start from the very beginning. maybe with short stories, and i do mean really fucking short, like children tales. you will probably understand it fully, then you start building up. also, there is no "average reader", everyone has their own rythm, respect your body and stop worrying about pags/time.

wish all the best for you anon.
>>
>>7414014
Do you do any cardio? If not, do that. It helps with focus and mood.
>>
>>7414014

Who the fuck reads 50 pages an hour? Unless you're reading pulp trash I have a hard time believing you can fully appreciate the text at that rate. Why would you even want to read that fast?

When I was in college I began to read significantly slower, but I think I became a better reader.
>>
File: john dubs calvin.png (130 KB, 220x282) Image search: [Google]
john dubs calvin.png
130 KB, 220x282
> try to read
> 30 minutes before work
> fall asleep
> lost my job
>>
>reading
>not being omniscient
plebs
>>
>>7414233
What sort of cardio!
>>
>>7414429
>!
>>
File: 14146859867230.jpg (14 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
14146859867230.jpg
14 KB, 318x318
>>7414230
thanks anon, youre very generous : 3 i expected just the regular 'low iq', 'kill yourself' feedback. sounds good, ill try them.
>>
File: humerus.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
humerus.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
>not reading while lying down in bed.
>>
>>7414014
I had the same issue with not being able to focus on reading or sit still or pay attention. Talked to a doctor, got diagnosed with ADHD, and now I read for hours at a time thanks to the adderall he prescribed. 20 years old and I just now get magic in pill form. I wonder how much I could have read before if I knew something was wrong.
>>
>>7415152
how long have you been taking it? did the doctor say you can use it safely for the rest of your life?
>>
>>7415303
Very recent. I've had it for about 3 weeks now. According to the doctor, it is relatively safe in the long term because my body needs the medicine to regulate itself. At least, he said something along those lines. I have to meet with him once every couple weeks to check in and make sure it's working as it's supposed to, though.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.