[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /lit/. First time poster. I checked the wiki and couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: z0auawQq.jpg (275 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
z0auawQq.jpg
275 KB, 1252x1252
Hi /lit/. First time poster. I checked the wiki and couldn't seem to find anything.

Can you recommend which Alan Watts book to buy for my girlfriend? She's not necessarily interested in Buddhism itself, but she is interested in mindfulness, spirituality, happiness and yoga.

The Way Of Zen seems to be one of the definitive Watts books. Would you recommend something different? Thanks in advance.
>>
>gf is a newage dope

ABANDON RELATIONSHIP
>>
Haven't actually read it yet (or any Alan Watts for that matter), but you might look at This is It. I would also recommend Gary Snyder, especially if she has a particular interest in nature and it's relationship with spirituality. I would specifically recommend The Practice of the Wild and/or Turtle Island.
>>
>>7408329
Didn't Taoists eat their own cum?
>>
The Way of Zen is pretty good, probably Watts' best. Zen Mind Beginners Mind is great too.
>>
File: zizek.jpg (148 KB, 1000x843) Image search: [Google]
zizek.jpg
148 KB, 1000x843
>she is interested in mindfulness, spirituality, happiness and yoga.

Ideology, etc, etc...
>>
>>7408416
>>7408425
Thanks for the recommendations. Just bought The Way Of Zen for her. Hope she likes it!

>>7408416
Gary Snyder sounds very interesting, I spend a lot of time /out/ in the mountains near me so they both sound great. Maybe I'll treat myself.
>>
>>7408425
Zen Mind Beginners Mind is by Shunryu Suzuki, not Alan Watts
>>
Get her The Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila.

She will appreciate that it was written by a woman principally for women (her fellow nuns).
>>
File: 1389183822439.jpg (12 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
1389183822439.jpg
12 KB, 200x199
>She's not necessarily interested in Buddhism itself, but she is interested in mindfulness, spirituality, happiness and yoga.
>>
>Alan Watts
Break up with her.
>>
>>7409488
I know, I was just throwing out suggestions.

Good luck OP, hope she likes it!
>>
I think anon made his choice already and that's too bad.
For a first time Watts reader, try:
Buddhism the Religion of No Religion.
The Zen book is great, but she won't read it and when you break up it will go into a box that she will put outside on the sidewalk and someone who will appreciate it will take it, so that's cool.
>>
>>7409532
what a faggot

Your epic meme pic won't save you.
>>
File: 1389306187894.png (62 KB, 699x704) Image search: [Google]
1389306187894.png
62 KB, 699x704
>>7409608
Yeah? And what will? Headspace?
>>
>>7408329
Yeah, offer her Paulo Coelho and them kill her over her massive shit taste in books.
Them kill yourself for offering her shit books too.
>>
Just listen to him on youtube before sleep. His soothing lies about how there is nothing wrong with the world will help you fall asleep fast.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.