[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the public opinion on using e-readers in public? Ive had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
What the public opinion on using e-readers in public?

Ive had a kindle for like 4 or 5 years and ive always been too scared to use it in public, but I just moved into a house with a lot of roomates, and have been going to a library to read, would people kek at me?
The library is mostly old people and some homeless
>>
>>7406923
Why do you care what other people think?
>>
>>7406923
Where do you live in that you'd be scared to use an e-reader (of all things one that no thugs anywhere would be interested in) in public?
>>
>>7406960
I mean will it make me look like a pretentious starbucks drinker?
Tbqh all the free books I have gotten on it have made it well worth the price
>>
Nobody cares if you use an e-reader. Most people will probably think you're using an iPad anyway.
>>
You're too self-conscious m8. Apart from showing your dick to schoolchildren, you can do just about anything in public and not be ashamed.
>>
Nobody gives a fuck

They're too busy wondering what they look like doing their own shit
>>
>>7406979
I never thought I'd get to say that but you need to hang around here more, you're, like, more spooked than a discourse on ethics, and that's PLENTY spooked

you have to be honest now that you've had your (You)s, were you baiting

were you?
>>
>>7407008
Not baiting, im pretty well unspooked when it comes to ethics, ethical nihilist( epic I know)
But I just don't want people to bother me and I worry if I use an e-reader people will be coming up to me asking about it and making me feel awkward
>>
Whenever I read my e-reader in public I get this visceral highschoolesque anxiety that tells me people around me see me as weak and as an easy target, so I puff my chest out and scowl to make myself look like not such an easy target, and people distance themselves from me as a result.
>>
>>7406979
>will it make me look like a pretentious starbucks drinker?
I don't see why people shit on this. Starbucks provides a great comfy atmosphere to read or study in. It's not like their regular coffee is outrageously expensive and its always better than the filthy dishwater they serve in a fast food place.
>>
Do people really worry about this shit?
>>
>>7407193
Starbucks, of all our corporate overlords, is pretty good. They pay their employees well, their stores usually double as a publically available bathroom, and they let you sit for hours inside. Also the blonde roast is quite good.
>>
Fuck that shit OP. I'm in the Army as an Infantryman and I bring my fucking kindle... fuck being pretentious.... read your books where you please faggot.
>>
>>7407221

Starbucks is pretty cool. Every time I've ever gone into one and asked for some water without buying anything, they gave me a cup anyway and even put ice in it.
>>
>>7407377
Yeah, they're nice places, I go in and ask for water a lot too when I'm passing by. I especially like how clean they tend to be.
>>
Nobody thinks that, stop being delusional
>>
>>7406923
I have that exact kindle, and I fucking love it.

In fact, I love it so much, and I rip through so many books so quickly on it that I bought an extra one off craigslist, new, just incase the one I have breaks
>>
>be sitting on a bench at local park
>nobody's around, it's time
>grab kindle from a pocket hidden inside my jacket
>start reading first few sentences of Heilnegger, a famous philosopher suggested by 4chan
>suddenly a finger touches the screen
>an old woman asks what that was
>I politely start to explain the purpose of my device
>she puts her head between me and the kindle, snorts and says she can't see anything
>I explain to her this is normal because I'm reading a PDF
>she interrupts me mid sentence and asks if I can call her niece with it because she forgot to tell her to buy the aquarium stones
>she starts pressing the buttons but I pull the kindle back and tell her that's just to read books
>I try to reach for my nokia 3330 within my bag but by the time I found it she's already gone
>forgot where I was but whatever, start reading some Zarathustra
>"Ay yo, is that some call of duty"
>I raise my head and a person of color is coming toward me, a mobile tower, he's like 5'7"
>I proceed to babble something but he steals the thing from my hands and starts laughing at me
>a flock of people comes near the bench, staring at the device in the hands of the person of color
>they all start touching it, pushing all the buttons
>a kid wipes his nose on it but an old man steals it from his hands, pulls out his dick and start pounding it
>I can't take it anymore scream from the bottom of my lungs that it is a priceless artifact full of knowledge, it holds well over 600 books and they should let it go at once
>they go silent for a second then they all grab it firmly and pull it from all directions
>it shatters, going in 600 pieces
>everyone takes a piece and eat it until there's no more
>they all have an aura of light now and they turn to me, smiling
>"We are all part of you now. It's time to share the knowledge with the rest of the galaxy" they enunciate at once, then they fly off at light speed, leaving behind a white trail of wisdom
>I stare at the sky in desbelief and then head home
I didn't even know how to turn pages on that thing.
>>
>>7407615
This is nice
>>
>>7407615
quality greentext story tbqh m8
>>
>>7407080
Easy target for what?
>>
File: -v-.gif (2 MB, 188x205) Image search: [Google]
-v-.gif
2 MB, 188x205
>>7407615
>>
>>7406923
YOU ARE AN ENORMOUS FAGGOT
>>
>>7406923
>>7406979

You are incredibly spooked, my property.
>>
>What the public opinion on using e-readers in public?
What the fuck man. Why would you be ashamed of fucking reading in public?
>>
>>7409704
>What the fuck man. Why would you be ashamed of fucking reading in public?
Maybe he's a nagger and afraid of being called an 'oreo'.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.