[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chinese/Korean/Japanese novels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 2015-11-30_171621.png (14 KB, 414x441) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-30_171621.png
14 KB, 414x441
Anyone here following, and hooked on, any novels?

Pic related is what i'm reading currently. I'm slowly writing up glossaries as i read stuff.
I Shall Seal The Heavens is probably my most favorite one in the list.
If anyone is curious and has any questions about the titles in the list, just lay them out.
>>
you'd probably have more luck discussing this sort of stuff on /jp/ or /a/
>>
>>7406618
/a/ is only for manga and anime, and /jp/ doesn't deal in English translated literature [especially non-Japanese] because they are "too good" for English translation.
Thus, i am here.
>>
>>7406576
>following novels
啥意思?
>>
>>7406643
我去 你想咋地了
>>
>>7406643
>>7407256
是真国人还是一帮用谷歌翻译的?
>>
>>7407326

我是>>7407256,不晓得上面

祖籍山东现在住在美国 你呢?
>>
>>7407388
家是北京人,在国内住了几年,现在住纽约
>>
>>7407498
第一次在4chan碰到中国人
加我微信 444027502
>>
File: Sword_Art_Online_Volume_01.png (3 MB, 985x1396) Image search: [Google]
Sword_Art_Online_Volume_01.png
3 MB, 985x1396
>>7406576
The best.
Just the best.
>>
I've been trying to read the Romance of Kingdoms for a while now but it's kinda
>who the fuck is this guy?
>where are they?
>hey it's lu bu I know that guy
>I only vaguely remember who this person is
>okay I have no idea why they're going to this place but it seems important
>>
>>7408207
to be fair native speakers get mostly the same experience

its just a bit better since most of the chars and stories have been drilled in since childhood and permeates the culture with references everywhere
>>
>>7408207
Cow Cow wow gay knee shah chuw chew
>>
>>7408099
>not G.A.T.E

masterpiece that captures the seishin of japanese youth
>>
>>7406576
>No mention of anything by Yukio Mishima
C'mon guys...
>>
>>7408272
G.A.T.E. is my guilty pleasure.
>>
>>7408207
After Liu Xuandu is more developed along with those in his faction become prevelant, the book get's way more comprehensive. I stopped reading relativly early, but I binged it after It became interesting.
>>
Trying to find an ebook of Outlaws of the Marsh, not having any luck. I currently have Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Drama of the Red Chamber
>>
Has anyone here read Naoya Shiga?
He is in the same position of a lot of Japanese modern writers. He has had a lot of his short stories translated, but none of his longer works.
I really like The Rapeseed Flower, The Paper Door and At Kinosaki.
>>
>>7408633
Dark Night's Passing has a translation. Who else are you thinking of that doesn't have their longer works translated?
>>
>>7408633
>>7408645
And actually, Dark Night's Passing is apparently his only longer work.

So he's got excellent English representation.
>>
>>7408645
Oh, I did not know that.

I was thinking about
Ozaki Shiro
Satomi Ton (I have found one translation of his work)
Koda Aya
Yoshiya Nobuko
>>
>>7408604
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/foreignfiction/index.php?s=water%20margin&f_lang=0&f_columns=0&f_ext=0

You are welcome bro
>>
>>7408666
Hayshi Fumiko has one translation of a longer work.
>>
>latest ISSTH chapters
HOLY SHIT, best MC in novels ever. It's rare that MCs have the balls to completely destroy themselves with the intent of taking all their foes with them in a bloodbath in maniacal rage.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.