[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good books on human psychology and how to manipulate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: GreeneRobert-48LawsOfPower[1].jpg (54 KB, 220x275) Image search: [Google]
GreeneRobert-48LawsOfPower[1].jpg
54 KB, 220x275
What are some good books on human psychology and how to manipulate it to one's own benefit? Some that I know-

>The 48 Laws of Power
>The Art of Seduction
>The 33 Strategies of War
>The Art of the Deal
>>
The Prince obviously
>>
The Art of War
How To Make Friends and Influence People
>>
>>7404618
>>7404928

Art of War
>human psychology

pretty worthless unless you're a medieval military officer desu
>>
>>7405042
or you want to build you drug cartel
>>
Why would you want to read "corporate asshole"-core?
>>
>>7405084
Maybe because I'm a corporate asshole?

Nah, I just want to learn some psychology outside of fucking around in textbooks since I'm not serious about it.
>>
ITT: Meme books
>>
>>7405084
>not rising above the carcass of failures
It's like you do not even want to take part in the demise of our world?
>>
That's some reddit tier shit senpai
>>
>>7404618
that book is so shit

it has just enough depth to let wageslaves think they can be machiavellians after reading that

what the book doesn't tell you is that it cant be taught, you either have the capability or you don't

you need to have an innate talent for modeling other people's behaviour in your mind and that shit usually requires decently high IQ(among other things) and if you lack that then you're fucked
>>
>>7404618
Try something about NLP, maybe Bradley or Grinder.
>>
>>7404618
How to win friends and influence people is the only book worth reading. Everything else is just feel goodsy bullshit.
Git yourself some fiction rather:
Arturo Ui
Gatsby
Felix Krull
>>
>The Ascent of Mt. Carmel
>Dark Night of the Soul
>>
Anything good of this sort by Plato?
>>
>>7405974
Look I agree that the majority of people who read this will immediately try to apply it to their work lives or maybe even social lives, these people should not read this book as they are retarded.
But there is no harm in reading through this and picking out bits here and there. At very least it might put into words, ideas that have been ethereally floating around your mind for a while.
Out of 100 scenarios there might be one where the laws or law from this book might be applied successfully.
>>
>>7406523
>Out of 100 scenarios there might be one where the laws or law from this book might be applied successfully.
And the majority of these scenarios are bastardized to fit into the author's paradigm, where the 'law' is imposed upon them to legitimize it. Less than a handful of these 'laws' are of any use, and even then only in a very, very abstract way to the point of the law being reduced to worthless common sense banalities. It exists to purely entice you into its mystification to evoke an emotional reaction, so that you would feel good "spiritually" so the books would sell more. It's basically just Young Adult fiction.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 220x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 220x268
>>7404618
If you want to become this kind of person, you should seriously reevaluate who you are and decide if it's the best course of action.

I'm not joking. If you aren't naturally sociopathic, then you're almost certainly going to fuck this up and alienate a lot of people. Human relationships aren't as simple as gaining 'power' over the other person, despite what people like Machiavelli/Green would have you believe.

It sounds corny as fuck, but rewarding relationships only really surface when two people are on an equal basis with each other. Maybe you truly do just want an edge over certain people in say a corporate environment, but if you intend to treat everyone this way, my advice is don't. Eventually, there'll be too much of a barrier between you and others and even if, by some miracle, you become at dominating others, they'll nonetheless recognise that you're not their friend; and eventually, you'll start to get lonely.

That said, 'What everyBODY is saying' is an excellent book for learning to recognise certain body cues, and what they may signify when you're talking to someone (I.e are they stressed/uncomfortable? Are they at ease?). Otherwise, practice makes perfect. You've already read all the essential books on this topic; The Prince is overrated unless you already have a solid powerbase, and if you're on 4chan, then I'm guessing you don't.
>>
>>7404618
>>7404618
Don't read the prince for applicable stuff, read it to understand his ideas and mentality.
The ones you've listed are pretty good I've heard but haven't read them.

For immediately applicable stuff, read the charisma myth. Really great stuff. Goes in depth about how people perceive you and tells you how stuff that will make you be perceived as charismatic.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.