[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just read him. Why was him so based? I have a hero, now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: Max_Stirner-k.jpg (47 KB, 501x525) Image search: [Google]
Max_Stirner-k.jpg
47 KB, 501x525
Just read him. Why was him so based? I have a hero, now.
>>
>>7403739
because he found the most verbose way possible to say 'fuck everyone and everything do what you want'
>>
>>7403739
he spook a lot of people.
>>
>>7403739
>having a hero to idealize
Spooked as fuck, man. Read his book again.
>>
File: stirner.jpg (50 KB, 499x547) Image search: [Google]
stirner.jpg
50 KB, 499x547
>>7403739
>I have a hero, now.
>>
File: 1410712425585.png (326 KB, 476x536) Image search: [Google]
1410712425585.png
326 KB, 476x536
Should be in every Stirner thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvsoVgc5rGs
>>
>>7403739
Anyone agree with Stirner up until his point about love?

I would rather be consumed, than consume. And that's no spook.
>>
>>7404248
I don't think he's even telling people to be rid of their spooks. Just to be aware of them and to keep or cut off whatever it is you want.

All that's left to do is to figure our how best to live.
>>
where do I start reading him?
>>
>>7404293
Page one
>>
>>7403772
[keks internally]
>>
>>7404293
Start with the Greeks.
>>
>>7404293
False Principle
>>
File: le ghostbusting man btfo.jpg (69 KB, 1253x306) Image search: [Google]
le ghostbusting man btfo.jpg
69 KB, 1253x306
>>7403739
>>
>>7404392
oh now i see what stirner's all about...guy always seemed like a lil bitch, makes sense
>>
I'm fond of Stirner but what I don't get is that his philosophy can be used to justify literally anything, including the things he criticizes in the book, and thus defeats the purpose of even writing it.

As I was reading it I agreed with pretty much everything he was trying to say but it's a very empty philosophy to think on.
>>
File: white-russian1.jpg (108 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
white-russian1.jpg
108 KB, 500x375
>>7404406
He didn't care if this woman made out. He was free-love hippy before they even existed.

You're the little bitch for not getting it.
You probably don't even like Nietzsche.

>>7404411
>and thus defeats the purpose of even writing it.
No.
>it's a very empty philosophy to think on.
It's simple. And some think life itself is "empty"

Fill it.
>>
>>7404392
Stirner was a gold digger. He took her inheritance and spend it on a Versace tier milkshop, never cared about her used up pussy.

She got so mad she ran off, converted to Catholicism and refused to ever talk about him again.
>>
>>7404441
>You probably don't even like Nietzsche.

Nietzche is a serious thinker, Stirner is just a kek trying to justify his small penis
>>
>>7404448
>thinking that penis size matters
>thinking that women matter
what a spook
>>
>>7404453
the main problem with stirner is that he tries mightily to be edgy, but his ideas are just so boring. maybe it's the same way uneducated people think game of thrones is good, uneducated people think stirner is saying something interesting
>>
File: 1418861046060.jpg (60 KB, 498x668) Image search: [Google]
1418861046060.jpg
60 KB, 498x668
A psychoanalyst who studied Stirners works and life back story came to the conclusion he was most likely somewhere on the autistic spectrum
>>
>>7404448
Having had two wives and a job teaching girls, I think it's reasonable to assume he had more sex than yourself.
Who are you to even assume what size his penis was?

And this besides >>7404453
>>
>>7404469
his wife came to the conclusion that his dick was most likely on the asian spectrum
>>
>>7404469
Link to the study? It's nice knowing about authors and philosophers who are autistic so I can feel better about myself. :3
>>
>>7403739
>>>/his/spooks

You CIA kind is not welcomed here.
>>
>>7404448
Both Nietzsche and Marx, the defining philosophers for the 20th century, are heavily indebted to Stirner.

Read more, lad.
>>
>>7404495
citation needed "lad"
>>
>>7404509
http://www.lsr-projekt.de/poly/ennietzsche.html for example.

I assume you meant Nietzsche, since Marx being tremendously influenced by Stirner is beyond a shadow of a doubt.
>>
>>7404521
Marx was heavily influenced by mother fucking David Ricardo, his influences are shit (which is probably why Marx is shit)
>>
File: zizek bartleby.png (257 KB, 415x476) Image search: [Google]
zizek bartleby.png
257 KB, 415x476
>>7404529
>hegel
>shit
>>
>>7404521
>http://www.lsr-projekt.de/poly/ennietzsche.html
>Whether Nietzsche knew Stirner's book, and the question of its possible influence on his thinking, was widely discussed in the years around 1900. The result of this discussion, generally speaking, was that the answer was thought to be of no real importance, mainly because Stirner himself was considered a figure of little significance in the history of ideas.

the fact that you think stirner is so fucking great might show your mind has little significance in understanding the history of ideas
>>
>>7404551
If you understood the 'history of ideas' or even knew a bit about it you'd see Stirner's position is not one of being forgotten but being actively repressed to this day.

Don't base your ignorant conclusions on a single sentence that I handed to you myself, lad.
>>
>>7404549
hegel is literally the stupidest shit in western philosophy
>>
>>7404551
>In 1900, Stirner's ideas were considered too radical yet thankfully obscure to even consider.

And you think this dismisses him? What sheeple red-stater you are.
"Good goyim" as they say.
>>
>>7404559
lol
>>
>>7404558
oh yes there is a conspiracy to keep the work of an obscure and long dead german anarchist from the fame it deserves! being that obsessed with a third rate thinker that you think there is an active conspiracy to repress his ideas...bro, you need to reevaluate your life, seriously.
>>
>>7404245
Which poem by Neruda is he talking about around 15:20?
>>
>>7404562
radical ideas are a dime a dozen you moron, no one cares
>>
>>7404565
Seeing that you aren't aware what I'm referring to you're not in a position to dismiss anything, lad.

Disregard all that until you have actually read Stirner, though.
>>
File: pepner.png (58 KB, 636x674) Image search: [Google]
pepner.png
58 KB, 636x674
>>7404565
>stirner
>anarchist
And Nietzsche was a Nazi, right?
>>
>>7404574
dude, please, this is ridiculous, did you ever consider the fact that stirner just sucks?
>>
>>7404579
You should read him first rather than base your opinions on memes. It will be in your interest.
>>
>>7404582
sorry dude there are a lot more important books to read than some demented minor league hegelian
>>
>>7404587
>literally admitting you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about

Off you go, lad.
>>
>>7404577
I'm sure he meant in the broadest sense. A subversive agent the state continues to have a problem with.

>>7404574
>There are no taboos left in this world
Snowden and Assange would like word with you
>>
>>7404593
>lad

dude, even your own link which is just some nobody german professors homepage, admits that there is no evidence stirner had any influence on nietzsche whatsoever, maybe you should read nietzsche instead of kropotkin-tier goofballs
>>
>>7404607
If you would have read both Stirner and Nietzsche you would easily see what I'm talking about.

But you don't read, which shows by your only source on the matter being a quickly skimmed link I gave you myself.

Just don't try to have opinions on things you're not equipped to have opinions on, lad.
>>
>>7404625
the thing i don't get tho is why are you so committed to stirner? it's like your religious about it, is he like the saint of autistic neets? he gives you the tools you need to explain away your failures as a choice? cool bro, but no one cares really
>>
A Fox one day spied a beautiful bunch of ripe grapes hanging from a vine trained along the branches of a tree. The grapes seemed ready to burst with juice, and the Fox's mouth watered as he gazed longingly at them.

The bunch hung from a high branch, and the Fox had to jump for it. The first time he jumped he missed it by a long way. So he walked off a short distance and took a running leap at it, only to fall short once more. Again and again he tried, but in vain.

Now he sat down and looked at the grapes in disgust.

"What a fool I am," he said. "Here I am wearing myself out to get a bunch of spooky grapes that are not worth gaping for."

And off he walked very, very scornfully.
>>
>>7404648
I'm not, I just don't like cunts with opinions on things they know nothing about, especially when they're this obvious about their ignorance.

Just read the book, it won't take long if you're not a retard and then you can try and dismiss whatever bothers you about it as best as you can, lad.
>>
>>7404656
>thinking anyone is going to be "bothered" by a 19th century edgelord

do you even have an education?
>>
>>7404661
You're bothered enough to keep shitposting about something that you haven't even read but still bothers you enough to talking about it.

Just go and read, lad.
>>
>>7404670
i'm reading it and there's nothing but cringy fedoracore shit going on, it's like what nietzsche would have written if he was a mong
>>
>>7404674
>i'm reading it

So you haven't read it. Come back when you've read it.
>>
>>7404683
alright, it's getting interesting enough to order a hard copy...it's not blowing my mind or 'bothering me", but i always enjoy reading old orientalist shit that talks about "mongoloid races" or "mohammedans", "the hindoo race" etc. and this should do nicely enough, heh heh
>>
can someone ELI5 Hegel philosophy.
>>
>>7404735
no
>>
>>7404735
I would prefer not to.
>>
>>7404700
barnes and noble wants fucking 42 bucks for the oxford "classics in political thought" edition, god damn what a bunch of cunts, hopefully jeff bezos buries those fags
>>
>>7404700
First part is just the warm up, lad. Although I agree it's entertaining.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.