[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you enjoy smoking while you're reading? if yes/no, and why.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 579x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 579x676
do you enjoy smoking while you're reading?
if yes/no, and why.
>>
yes

because i like smoking while doing anything because that's what smoking makes you do
>>
No, it's distracting.
>>
Nah cuz da shit I smoke so loud u can't hear wat u readin
>>
I smoke cigars while reading so I don't have to fuck with them every few minutes like a cigarette. You don't have to worry about the smoke getting in your face or anything either. I just chew and puff for half an hour.
>>
No, I gave up smoking. Whenever I feel tempted I imagine my former self, who smoked because he thought it was edgy, rebellious etc. I even started smoking because I thought the idea of Holden smoking while drifting from one place to another in a city was quite Romantic. On top of that, the act of smoking is regarded by teenagers as the indicator of the troubled artist; the man who recognizes life as so futile that he might as well give himself lung cancer.

I look back on all this and cringe. This is how I keep from smoking. It's a pathetic mentality that keeps a disgusting industry going, and it's the reason these threads appear on /lit/. In a word, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>7402983
You're totally right mate.
>>
>>7402983
I agree with this idea for cigarettes, but I'm the cigar post above you, and reading a book while smoking a cigar is really a wonderful pleasure. I don't drink or anything. Just the cigars.

I always smoke alone as to not involve others in my choices of pleasure, but I think if you apply your post to all types of smoking you're being quite narrow minded.
>>
I smoke crack out of this pipe I made out of a rat skull while i read fantasy. Just my thing.
>>
I use snus because I don't want to die.
>>
>>7403029
Nothing wrong with cigars really. Sometimes the most satisfying part of smoking is the hand movements, the breathing in of the smoke, and the blowing out. Besides, cigars are kind of goofy unless you're an older man, so it's not like you're doing it to be cool or intellectual. Hookahs can be fun too.
>>
>>7403043
>thinks snus aren't carcinogenic.

Enjoy your throat cancer friend
>>
File: 1445829907223.jpg (50 KB, 499x488) Image search: [Google]
1445829907223.jpg
50 KB, 499x488
>>7402895
On occasion. It does provide an unnecessary distraction, but I do enjoy the movements.
Especially so during conversations, holding a cigarettes allows for a variety of hand gestures that would look absurd otherwise.

Obviously its awful for you, but a troubled intellectual like myself recognizes the futility of it all :^)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.