[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pop Culture and Philosophy: Is it /lit/-approved?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
Pop Culture and Philosophy:

Is it /lit/-approved?
>>
*cruises in on a segway with pokemon stickers on it* Yes
>>
There's certainly a place for it. Kind of strange that it's themed around specific brands though. If the philosophy were first and foremost it wouldn't be themed, there would just be a smattering of examples from multiple reaches of pop culture that would illustrate the philosophical ideas. When it's themed you know it's mostly about the brand, not the philosophy.
>>
It was a shit book. They made George look like a total and complete loser in life in the book. George was my favorite character and I thought he was the most complex of the gang. He was the lovable fool, the book paints him to be a thumb-sucking loser who wets the bed at age 40.
>>
>>7400854
what the fuck is seinfeld
>>
>>7401089
>They made George look like a total and complete loser in life in the book.
>in the book
>>
>>7401094
Hello Grandpa.
>>
>>7401089
To be fair, there is no convincing argument that George is not, on the whole, a total loser.
>>
>>7401103
sorry for not being an illiterate cock mongler like you son, i have adult thing to do.
>>
>>7401111
Calm down old man.
>>
>>7401103
>grandpa

I think you mean 9gag

>tfw we are the grandpas now
>>
>>7400864
Kek
>>
Seinfeld is a pillar of my worldview.
>>
>>7401101
What's the problem?
>>7401105
Had a good job yankees, dated many women, laid many women, considered gifted intellect. I'm not saying he was James Bond, but I don't think he's on the level of /b/ user.
>>
File: 1448457407020.jpg (5 KB, 192x160) Image search: [Google]
1448457407020.jpg
5 KB, 192x160
>>7401134
>>
>>7401137
>What's the problem?

If you can't see how George was an absolute wanker and a narcissist by yourself then I won't be able to do it for you.
>>
File: ZK682Aq.gif (2 MB, 341x237) Image search: [Google]
ZK682Aq.gif
2 MB, 341x237
>>7400864
>>
>>7401146
I admitted he had flaws, but I was saying the book makes him look like a special needs child.
>>
>>7401111
How do you not know what a Seinfeld is?
>>
>>7401141
>>
>>7401176
>I was only pretending!
>>
>>7401179
That wasn't me but I assume that guy was joking. Do you think someone on /lit/ would seriously go to Seinfeld for deep political thought.
>>
I prefer Sopranos and Philosophy desu
>>
>>7401105
Well, we at least have this semblance of meritocracy in western society. Since George's successes are largely contingencies, particularly his greatest achievements, we cannot really credit him for those successes. Therefore he is a loser. Also 4chan losers are the losers of losers. Hardly anyone on 4chan is objectively not a loser.
>>
>>7401163
I think >>7401146 has no idea what she's talking about.
>>
Seinfeld is always credited as the premier example of postmodernism in television, but is this really the case? Yeah, it's self aware, absurd, and nihilistic, but a lot of television is. We've all read E Unibus Pluram here, we know post-modernism in television when we see it.

That said, what is the greatest example of Post-modernism in television?
>>
File: actingwithoutacting.jpg (66 KB, 255x363) Image search: [Google]
actingwithoutacting.jpg
66 KB, 255x363
...Having said that...
>>
>>7402022
my diary t.bh
>>
>>7400854
Being Reddit incarnate;

Is it /lit/-approved?
>>
>>7400854
Sure if it gets people into philosophy why not
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.