[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Rime of The Ancient Mariner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: b_cover.jpg (26 KB, 492x508) Image search: [Google]
b_cover.jpg
26 KB, 492x508
Samuel Taylor Coleridge's "The Rime of The Ancient Mariner". Read by Ian McKellen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1raSUYAr0s0

Enjoy it, guys.
>>
Which is the best narrative poem about a ship crew, The Rime of The Ancient Mariner or The Hunting of the Snark?
>>
>>7397203
Carroll was a pedo, ergo... Carroll.

Honestly? I don't know. Just enjoy both.
>>
>My garments all were dank
>>
File: b_back.jpg (58 KB, 591x528) Image search: [Google]
b_back.jpg
58 KB, 591x528
>>
>>7397226
Heehee, just like my black twitter memes. Dank doesn't just mean wet or soggy like it did when Coleridge wrote this poem in the 18th century; now dank is a slang term popular with high schoolers that refers to something of high quality. The dichotomy between stuffy white Coledrige and cool WoC slang is very funny and unexpected. Thanks for sharing this with me anon, it was a very on fleek insight that merited everybody's attention

Have a great day, my best of friends, and keep pushing those memes
>>
>>7397251
>WoC
I'm pretty sure men use 'dank' too anon.
>>
>>7397257
>wah, men need representation in your post too
>but what about men?
>has anybody asked what a MAN thinks?
You just can't stand it when everybody isn't talking about you, huh
>>
>>7397251
Well you're just no fun huh. Got a quota over there from the fun police?

Also eat a dick
>>
>>7397264
If only there was gender neutral word for people.
>taking the troll post seriously
>>
>>7397264
Now this is advanced shitposting
>>
>>7397266
Nah kill yourself. That poster is right. Keep your dogshit memes on reddit and /tv/.
>>
File: Ancient Mariner-1.jpg (762 KB, 1476x1070) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Mariner-1.jpg
762 KB, 1476x1070
>>7397192
have to say that I prefer the Richard Burton recording. But I'm biased because I grew up with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGH4p4z4s5A

Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.

The very deep did rot: O Christ!
That ever this should be!
Yea, slimy things did crawl with legs
Upon the slimy sea.
>>
>>7397192

5/5 bwetty good.

Thanks man. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
>>
>>7397285
I personally enjoy Ian McKellen's voice, but I have to admit that Richard Burton's version is pretty expressive too.

Here's another McKellen's great work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IiP74_5Mnc
>>
File: 1415212620409.gif (2 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1415212620409.gif
2 MB, 400x240
>>7397203
Rime isn't even about a ship crew dude
>>
this is def. my fav. part. Thinkin' about getting it tattooed:

The many men, so beautiful!
And they all dead did lie;
And a thousand thousand slimy things
Lived on; and so did I.
>>
test 1 2 3
>>
This is about a rape
>>
>Literally about a dude getting jerked around by spooky ghosts and not doing anything about it

Still one of my favourite poems ever.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.