[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel sorry for you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Kafka.jpg (75 KB, 495x660) Image search: [Google]
Kafka.jpg
75 KB, 495x660
How does it feel not speaking german and not being able to read original Kafka? His writing style is the best I have ever experienced- nothing comes even close. I really feel bad for you guys
>>
im sorry you know german

such a disgusting language soiling your brain

:(
>>
>>7396977
I google translated the whole book, m8.
>>
>>7396977
I feel sorry for you if Kafka's style is the best you've ever experience. I feel even worse because you don't know French so you can't experience Proust's style, which is the best I've ever read. Feels good to be trilingual.
>>
How does it feel not even being able to punctuate correctly? Must be hell. But then, everything east of Nova Scotia must be hell.
>>
Feels better being a 6'5 adonis with a genius IQ who can speed read and understand philosophical texts in hours and who fuck 10s exclusively. Every day a different one...

...reading kafka is nice too though...
>>
>>7396986
I feel sorry for you if Kafka's and Proust's style are the best you've ever experience. I feel even worse because you don't know Portuguese so you can't experience Pessoa's style, which is the best I've ever read. Feels good to be quadlingual.
>>
>>7396991
>6'5

Girl here. Ew. Maybe 6'1, but 6'5 is too tall. No thank you.
>>
>>7396987
your garmmar is bad xDDdD
>write as accurately as possible (I use commas xDD)
>checking multiple times if everything is correct using google
dontwanttobeahyporcrite.jpg
>proceeds not to write like a tryhard on other threads

we are on the internet IDGAF desu
>>
>>7396994
I feel sorry for you if Pessoa's and Kafka's and Proust's style are the best you've ever experience. I feel even worse because you don't know Arabic so you can't experience God's style, which is the best I've ever read. Feels good to be omnilingual.
>>
>>7396999
I've already had your sister and your mother together sweetie
>>
>>7396991
I hope you are joking. Not even guys like Dan Blizzardman fuck 10s daily. Terrible lie
>>
>>7397015
He does I would've thought. Difference is that I don't pay them
>>
>>7397011
>he's trying to impress people on an anonymous imageboard
>>
>>7397206
But aren't we all
frog picture
>>
>>7397007
I feel sorry for you if "God's" and Pessoa's and Kafka's and Proust's style are the best you've ever experienced. I feel even worse because you don't know Hebrew so you can't experience The Real Gods's style, which is the best I've ever read. Feels good to be omnilingual.
>>
At the age of 23 is it even worth bothering to learn another language? I have maybe a four year olds understanding of german. Like a late blooming four year old, just what I barely remember from German class in high school.
>>
>>7397333
I feel sorry for you if the lies of the false god in the tongue of infidels is the best you've ever experienced. I feel even worse because you don't know Arabic so you can't experience Allah's real style, which is the best I've ever read. Feels good to be in total submission to the one true god. Peace be upon you my brother.
>>
>>7396977

I feel the same about Kierkegaard, which is nice, as he is the only Danish author of significant note or renown.
>>
>>7396991

Vulgar.
>>
>>7397341

I'm 22 and learning German and Russian. Why not? After about 8 months of intermittent study and another 3-4 of actual study, I can read simple Der Spiegel articles without looking up every word now. Making decent progress with Russian after a couple weeks, too.

You probably won't be fluent in them, but that doesn't really justify not learning them, you know?
>>
>>7397349
Fluency is almost impossible without long periods of total immersion I'm sure. I don't have the advantage of picking up a ton just from osmosis but there's no reason not to chip at it. I waste plenty of time.
>>
File: krasznahorkai-interview.jpg (64 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
krasznahorkai-interview.jpg
64 KB, 640x427
If I were to suddenly have the ability to perfectly understand another language in order to read an author's works, I'd probably go for Hungarian desu.
>>
>>7396977
Feels good not to be partial to the destruction of Europe for the third time at the hand of the eternal German.
>>
>>7397378
yeah this, ancient chinese, or czech.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.