[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how important is to learn and master grammar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1421451970144.jpg (17 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1421451970144.jpg
17 KB, 313x286
how important is to learn and master grammar?
>>
pretty important if you want to be taken seriously by other intelligent people
>>
>>7396565
If you want to be a writer of any worth, it is required.
>>
>how important is to learn and master English?
>>
File: comfy.png (321 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
321 KB, 700x700
>>7396565
>tfw extremely mechanical language with almost no exceptions
>>
>>7396565
Not important at all

Grammer =/= rules

It's more like a suggestion
>>
File: R0016873.jpg (4 MB, 2656x3984) Image search: [Google]
R0016873.jpg
4 MB, 2656x3984
>>7396801
>tfw learning ancient greek
>>
What are you planning to do? I managed to make it make it past college writing with horrible sentence fragments and I never truly improved them, either. If you're planning to write, then I suggest to probably git gud.
>>
>>7396572
Love this meme 2bh
>>
>>7396825
You're right. I, dunt, ned, know, :--; gramer...:DDDDD im a arteest.
>>
File: LeaterallyHwaet.png (336 KB, 476x475) Image search: [Google]
LeaterallyHwaet.png
336 KB, 476x475
>>7396813
>grammer
>er
>>
>>7396565
Depends on what you're wanting to write. If you want to write fanfic that any idiot could consume, enjoy, and forget about an hour later, you could get by with a first grader's grammar. If you want to write something of any worth at all, you'll have to at least learn enough to make any errors minimal and easy to gloss over, by both you and your reader alike.

Basically, it's a question of ambition; grammar is going to be one of the first things your readers notice, and in a serious work, shitty grammar will be damned within seconds of looking at the thing. If you're just writing for the hell of it, don't bother; tyoping like thise without proffing for mistkes or even givking a fuck will get you by just fine with reader x character stories on fan wikis and the like.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.