[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw Positivism killed metaphysics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Witty.jpg (164 KB, 902x902) Image search: [Google]
Witty.jpg
164 KB, 902x902
>tfw Positivism killed metaphysics
>>
>tfw kant
>tfw the killing of metaphysics killed positivism
>tfw everything is kill
>>
>>7396504
wew
>>
>>7396491
This is bait.
>>
>>7396537
The Tractatus ended philosophy, m8
>>
>>7396551
nah science ended philosophy
>>
File: Untitled.png (757 KB, 1708x748) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
757 KB, 1708x748
>>
>>7396558
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>7396554
This. XX century starts the cientific and technological era.
>>
>>7396491
>>>/his/
>>
>>7396554
That's pretty much what the Positivists said, pleb.
>>
>>7396554
Science is based on philosophical assumptions.
>>
>>7396558
His depiction of Witty was heart-rending and lush. It made me want to become his lover.
>>
>>7396619
you should read monk's two volume biography of russell. It will make you hate russell forever
>>
>>7396619
Really? He makes being Witty's lover sound pretty unpleasant. Though to be fair I'd have run the fuck away from Skinner too.

>>7396641
Because he was a fedora tipper and cheated on his wife? Just going off what I know.
>>
>>7396491
I'd love to hear Witgy's thought on the language game of memes, to be quite candid.
>>
>>7396715
not just his wife, effectively everyone he ever had a relationship with. his love life was a string of betrayals start to finish
>>
>>7396715
topp0p
>>
>>7396554
Let's say science explains everything. What after that? Will you be happy then, having destroyed everything, will you find any sense for the questions you have left?
>>
video killed the radio star
>>
>tfw post-positivism killled positivism
>>
>>7397380
We need post-post-positivism which is just positivism again but different.
>>
>>7396491
I know for sure you haven't read a single work of his because if you had you would know he wasn't a positivist. btw positivism does not comprise the entirety of analytic philosophy and is itself dead while analytic metaphysics is alive and flourishing. you would know this if you read books, but I suppose that's too much to expect around here
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.