[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It`s a pity what I dont read this book in 2005. I`m very jealous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: 41iZjSmBLhL.jpg (23 KB, 308x500) Image search: [Google]
41iZjSmBLhL.jpg
23 KB, 308x500
It`s a pity what I dont read this book in 2005.
I`m very jealous of main character because in my country girls dont do first step by yourself.

But what about Anna? Author gives clues on his site but I dont find clear answer in internet.
Does she alive and where is she?

sorry for my poor eng
>>
Anna is like Misaki-chan lol
>>
Girls don't do first step by yourself anywhere. The writer is inexperienced and guessing
>>
>>7395789
I read that in USA its normal scene. What girls can do first step and invite you to fuck.
>>
>>7395796
I've slept with hundreds and none made the first move
>>
>>7395820
So it was author manyafantasy or Mr. Devon and Anna experiment on main character to free him.
>>
Dat Feel.png
>>
Why in my life wasnt girl like Anna? Who saved and teared me apart.
>>
have anybody thoughts about what happened to Anna?
>>
this nigga's english atrocious
>>
>>7395968
Death is a gang-boss.
>>
>>7396034
I`m not nigga. I`m white but without lgbt/tollerant shit in my country.
Clue- My country is motherland for Anna`s father.
>>
This book gives me that feels.
>>
Should I play Life is Strange after this book?
>>
>you will never initiate contact with a girl
>you WILL be a wizard
>>
>>7396227
Nope, I did some pickup. My first time was with whore like Stiven King.
>>
>>7396229
woah there chad
>>
If it was me, I think I torture Carl and Mr.Devon to know the truth there is Anna.
>>
Nobody here?
>>
Does somebody has his mail or facebook account?
>>
I want a clear answer from him
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JJAXwAaA2w
>>
Pls dont ignore me
>>
up up upu
>>
>>7395789
Bullshit. I live in Japan and women will basically crawl into your fucking bed uninvited.
>>
This book tear my heart into pieces
>>
I like this thread. xD
>>
So lonely here.
>>
File: 14242369663790 — копия.jpg (113 KB, 797x428) Image search: [Google]
14242369663790 — копия.jpg
113 KB, 797x428
>>7400254
>>
It`s a good book. I cry a lot
>>
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
1. Why does the author leave the narrator of the story unnamed, but tells us that he was named after his mother’s brother who had died at thirteen? What clue does Anna give the reader about what the narrator’s name might be?
2. Anna mentions the legendary escape artist and illusionist Houdini on several occasions. What about Houdini fascinates her? How does she ultimately emulate him?
3. The first time the narrator visits Anna’s house, he finds a Bible on Anna’s nightstand in which she has underlined the following passage: “And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly; I perceived that this also is vexation of the spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.” The narrator finds a card in his locker with the same inscription, after Anna’s disappearance. Why was the passage so relevant to Anna? What might it say about her relationship with the narrator?
4. Why is Anna so fascinated with obituaries? Do you think she was telling the truth when she tells the narrator that her obituaries have come true? Do the obituaries serve another purpose besides describing each person’s life and death?
5. Who caused Anna’s bruises? Why does she lie to the narrator about them?
6. What was Anna’s relationship to Bryce Druitt? Why do you think she ran his car into the bridge? Why did Bryce also have a box full of things that Anna had sent him? Why did he know about the obituary that the narrator had received in the mail after Anna’s disappearnce?
7. Where did the condom wrapper that Anna’s father found come from? Do you think she planted it, and if so, why? Did she have another lover? What evidence supports or refutes this possiblity?
8. Why do you think the narrator’s sister Joan abandoned the family, avoiding contact with anyone? Why would she not at least contact her brothers?
9. Why was Anna so adamant that the narrator write a ghost story? Was that the real reason Anna wanted to visit Mumler? Was it coincidence that she walks across the ice?
10. What did Anna know about Mr. Devon and why does she dislike him? The narrator finds a letter from Anna when he’s helping Mr. Devon clear out his office for the summer. What does the letter reveal about Anna’s possible connection to Mr. Devon? Do you think his explanation about the letter is the truth? Do you think he’s told the truth about the fire that killed his girlfriend?
11. Why do the narrator’s parents relate so poorly to each other and their children? Does it have something to do with the loss of their daughter, Denise? How do they each try to reach out to the narrator after Anna’s disappearance?
>>
12. What do you think actually happened to Anna? Interpret the evidence she left behind—does it support the idea that she killed herself, was murdered, or the theory that she ran away? What scenario does what she wrote in the narrator’s obituary suggest?
13. Early in the book the narrator says, “I’m bland. I’m milk. Worse, I’m water.” How has his opinion of himself changed by the end of the book? What has he come to realize about himself, and what does he credit for the change?
>>
Why no one interested in this book? Is small,simple but touch you to the bones.
>>
>>7406052
Why should we care? Stop bumping this.
>>
>>7406061
Cause I need asnwers. What happened to Anna
>>
>>7406132
Work it out yourself.
>>
>>7406139
It`s been 2005 and doesnt solve yet in 2015. I really think about trip to usa and find author to ask him what is really happened.
>>
>>7395796
This book is written by a man. The only pro-active, virtuous, sexy, intelligent, interesting and sympathetic women are fictions written by men.

In the real world, women are all bratty, petty, self-absorbed, passive, honorless, dull-witted and manipulative whores.

I hope I have saved you some trouble.

All the best.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.