[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anybody else ever feel like you read a solid amount but are still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: whatsshenmue-7-e1314204864623.jpg (44 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
whatsshenmue-7-e1314204864623.jpg
44 KB, 600x300
anybody else ever feel like you read a solid amount but are still overwhelmed by the books, essays, and texts you don't have time to read, or should have already read, or /need/ to read, or the ones that soak up dust on your shelf after you bought them and only flipped through them. this shit haunts me.

what do you do
>>
>>7395454
i'm thinking not just of the classics, the canon, 'world lit,' etc., but recommendations, reading lists, introductory texts to topics you are interested in, etc., etc.

it never ends and it towers

and the worst thing is, i feel like this fear ruins my time reading. especially with works that have an argument, theoretical texts, nonfiction texts, etc., it feels like it's not worth reading anything that's been disputed, or not worth reading anything if i won't have time to properly contextualize it, etc.

it's a spiral
>>
>>7395454
no
being smart is for faggots
just go drink and party with your friends, and maybe listen to some cool tunes as well
>>
>>7395461
i am a faggot tho i jerk to twink vintage
>>
you're only allowed a backlog of eight books unless there is extremely inclement weather.
>>
>>7395463
congrats you may be a good fit for hte intellectual lifestyle. enjoy you are scholarly treats
>>
>>7395465
backlog limitation..
taking notes
>>
File: 1435646871632.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1435646871632.gif
1 MB, 300x200
bump
>>
File: cargo van.png (1 MB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
cargo van.png
1 MB, 2048x1360
>>7395454
I feel like I have the same problem, but my biggest issue is that I feel like I could be reading so much more if I stopped spending free time doing other things like coming here or watching comedy shows.

My solution to this that I hope to be enacting soon is to deprive myself of time-wasting on-screen media by selling my unneeded possessions and moving into a van like pic related. I want to live in a van for other reasons, but this is a big one.
>>
>>7395465

>you're only allowed a backlog of eight books

This is impossible. Do you even read?
>>
just make schedules. goals.

a book a week, a book a month, whatever you can handle.
>>
>>7395454
Patterns. After awhile, they reveal themselves.
>>
>>7395617
If you want to specialize in something from one, you need to clear the others faster. If you have a larger backlog than that, you'd better be planning on being housebound for a week.
>>
>>7395457
>it never ends
Well, why would you want it to end?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.