[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>favorite book >Thanksgiving plans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
>favorite book
>Thanksgiving plans
>>
>eugene onegin
>smoke and write
>>
>>7394595

uh Dante, Purgatorio mostly and Paradiso second

probably reread Dante again tonight, or start
>>
>>7394595
>Ulysses
>already home from lunch with grandparents; hopefully seeing the fiancee before getting home to sleep before working a record store on Black Friday
>>
>Titus Groan
>who gives a fuck about thanksgiving here in italy?
>>
>>7394595
Alice in Wonderland

Steak dinner with family, fuck turkey.
>>
>>7394621
It's great isn't it? He's got such a wonderfully visual way of writing.
>>
I'm sitting at this bar in DC drinking and reading Apollinaire's poems. I'm lonely as fuck
>>
File: 1367850536934.jpg (106 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1367850536934.jpg
106 KB, 960x720
>leaves of grass
>during our thanksgiving dinner I found out my mother is drinking again and am planning rehab
>>
>>7395035
/thread
>>
>>7394958

I wish I could sidle up with you and a brew and talk about The Zone. It's one of my favourite poems.
>>
>The Western Lands
>stared at the floor at my gf's parents' house
>>
>>7394595
Infinite Jest
Ending my several-week-long tolerance break and celebrating the end of my last assignments and the beginning of finals studying.
>>
>Advanced Programming In The UNIX Environment
>wrote code all damn day, ate some chicken tikka since Indian joints are the only places open on Thanksgiving around here, and now I'm going to shitpost for an hour or two until I can't take the feeling of my life wasting away anymore, and then go back to writing more code

best thanksgiving ever t b h
>>
>The Pale King
>Had thanksgiving dinner at 5, popped a benzedrex, about to go shower and start a 5 hour shift at best buy and hoping nobody I know from high school sees me working there
>>
>>7395119
are there any rad black friday deals we should know about bro? I can't decide what to blow my cash on...
>>
>>7395125
which boards have black friday round ups? /fa/? /g/? maybe /mu/?
>>
Favorites are for simple people

I'm high and going to get higher
>>
>>7395104
reee
>>
>>7395141
>write code for 12 hours on thanksgiving
>frog fags still reee on u
>>
>>7395089
Pls be in DC
Or anywhere for that matter I want to discuss Apollinaire with you
>>
>>7395147
Pls ignore dumb frog posters
Only if we could have grabbed a beer and talked about literature before you returned to autism
>>
>>7395149

I'm in Canada, unfortunately. But yeah, The Zone is the first poem that incorporates "cinematic vision." The jumps between stanzas are like cuts between scenes in a montage. Other forms have "jumps" as well, like the Persian ghazal, but it is more didactic, or tends to be at least. In The Zone, the poetic persona is a disembodied eye, like a film camera. That last line never fails to take my breath away, either.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.