[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on people who read books like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 600x600
What's your opinion on people who read books like this? Scumbags right?
>>
Most people are chill
>>
>>7391460
Who?
>>
I would not like to have a conversation with somebody who unironically enjoys football. It is one of the worst things to happen to our working class. I hate it and it should be banned.
>>
File: w0gc5w.jpg (185 KB, 823x1200) Image search: [Google]
w0gc5w.jpg
185 KB, 823x1200
>>7391460
nope, usually just gullible normies (reeee). But theres nthing I hate more than managementspeak motivational platitudes. literally fuck that
>>
>>7391486
Turbopleb.
>>
>>7391501
>I don't like something so nobody should
>>
>>7391522
Remain butthurt lager lout.
>>
>>7391519

not chill man
>>
>>7391501

>not liking footy

may as well be dead senpai
>>
>>7391519

lol thanks anon.
>>
In some cases it's endearing. In other cases, such as in the cases of those faggots that are obnoxiously proud of having been accepted into a particular university, I am bitter.
>>
People who read about things they enjoy?

Cunts.
>>
>>7391460
My dad has that book.
>>
>>7391501
Not being able to enjoy the joy of sport is the plebiest of pleb I'm afraid
>>
>>7391501
>herp a derp I'm beyond pleb
>>
>>7391501
is this ironic
>>
>>7391501
Dan Carlin likes football
>>
>>7391501
How is it possible to be this retarded and arrogant in two sentences?
>>
>>7396584
>How is it possible to be this retarded and arrogant in two sentences?
>There's three sentences.

Which one is the okay one?
>>
>>7395067
Case in point.
>>
>>7396591
My bad. Alright then three. My reply box was covering the last full stop.
>>
>>7391501
Heidegger liked football
>>
>>7396647
So did Camus
>>
Watching football is one thing, but going so far as reading books about it is a bit too much.
>>
>>7396688
It's not about football.
>>
>>7396647
>>7396654
>>7396595
>>
>>7396694
Why would people read an biography of Alex Ferguson if not for his football manager career?
>>
>>7396698
I'm not sure if it's a biography, but point still stands.
>>
>>7391460
Ferguson has been one of the most successful people leading a group or team in any field in recent years, so listening to his insights into how he was successful might be instructive. He's especially known for knowing how to get the most out of people, but also knowing when he'd hit a limit and had to create a fracture, as with Roy Keane or David Beckham. His judgment seems impeccable. Harvard recently got him to teach a seminar at their business school -- and they know what's up.

>>7391501
This made me laugh. In the past 20 years, football has gone from being a working-class sport to a global pastime, often with plenty of irony and self-criticism involved. I like how football becomes an occasion for restaging other issues -- like the residues of Franco in Real Madrid vs the separatist populism of Barcelona. Sid Lowe in the Guardian is pretty good on this stuff.
>>
>>7391501
Baiting is truly the patrician jest
>>
>>7396703
It's not a biography or an autobiography. It's a book about leadership skills in general. The man was a dominant and successful figure, managing strategy, tactics, the media, and some of the biggest egos in sport. The book is about a wider application of these skills.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.