[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Magic Mountain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 616x510.jpg (67 KB, 616x510) Image search: [Google]
616x510.jpg
67 KB, 616x510
So if I found Part 1 to be a waste of time, is there even a point to finishing this shit?
>>
nope. not much else will happen.
>>
>>7385560
Disappointing. I guess the wikipedia article was just written by an enormous fanboy blowing smoke
>>
>Have you read The Magic Mountain?
>I read the first part, but I found it too boring to continue.
>Oh, okay.
>[What a fucking piece of shit pleb holy fuck.]*
>* "[...]" denotes internal thoughts

Your choice whether or not you want this to be how people treat you the rest of your life.
>>
Why don't you go fuck some japanese school girls instead.
>>
>>7385564
Sorry, but (1) I don't motivate myself to do things out of ridiculous fantasies of social triumpth or failure and (2) I'm not frightened about saying that I've found a single book boring, probably because I'm not a pleb such as yourself whose literary conversations are dominated by superficial binaries such as "did you read x??" or "do you like y????"
>>
>>7385563
the allegory about society would've filled out a short story but it's not enough for a whole novel. it's too dialogue heavy.
dr faustus is way better. the only Mann novel i'd recommend.
>>
>>7385570
you go, girl. but you still should read the book. twice. at least.
>>
>>7385570
Seems like I touched a nerve. But really, the only thing that's superficial in this thread is your attention span.
>>
>>7385584
What made you look it so much?
>>
>>7385563
>>7385570
m8 in the second post ur attacking what u did in first so calm the fuck down

also just try re-reading it after a few years
>>
>>7385587
>Seems like I touched a nerve
You say this why? Because I responded to your dumb personal attack with a pointed post of my own? Maybe 4chan isn't for you
>>
>>7385591
Could you clarify which posts are my second and first? I doubt I've attacked anything I've done here
>>
>>7385593
You just seem stressed out, that's all. Getting so angry over any one post is more a sign of inexperience than anything, I think.
>>
>>7385556
don't bother, pearls before swines
>>
>>7385619
That little story you made up shows me an inexperience in human contact on your part ;)
>>
>>7385619
not that anon but this passive aggressive shit is embarrassing. are you in highschool?
>>
how old are you OP? you probably just not well-read enough to appreciate the magic mountain. It's a GOAT book.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.