[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RULED vs BLANK paper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
What do you prefer? Writing on paper with lines or writing on blank paper?

I'm midway through my masterpiece on lined paper, and I'm having a neurotic ocd fit because for some reason I remember reading somewhere that great authors should write on blank pages because it helps creativity.

What do you guys prefer? What did the greats do?
>>
>>7385238
Hurr a durr think outside the lines
Hurr a durr don't conform to established rules
>>
File: clairefontaine-back.jpg (316 KB, 1056x1650) Image search: [Google]
clairefontaine-back.jpg
316 KB, 1056x1650
>>7385238
Quad ruled master race desu senpai
>>
>>7385238
>Handwriting
How does it feel living in the past
>>
I prefer exestential paper
>>
>>7385498

>this
>this, so fucking hard.

I put a long time into learning to touch type, totally worth it. I type like how I write, there's no inertia.

I really beleive that kids should be taught to type at the same time as they learn to write.

This is the world we live in
>>
File: img_2307picmo.jpg (67 KB, 700x607) Image search: [Google]
img_2307picmo.jpg
67 KB, 700x607
I don't write on paper because I'm not a euphoric Luddite
>>
>>7385547

>"learning" to touch type
>kek
>bashing handwritting

Lol, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>7385498
>>7385547
I hope you plebs aren't using a membrane keyboard. Mechanical keyboards are A MUST.
>>
yellow and ruled
>>
>>7387401
>>>/g/
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7385238
Writing is so inefficient nigga. You've got how many years left to live and you're going to waste hours and hours of it writing on paper. Use a computer you fucking hipster. Better yet, don't. If you're busy wasting time inside your little room I won't have to worry about hearing that you've organized some hippie dip protest to ban technology in school. But we both know that won't happen and it's certainly unlikely that your writing will account for anything meaningful. So please, continue writing on paper pleb.
>>
>denigrating handwriting
>not understanding that the method used to write affects the work itself
>implying great writers don't disproportionately write by hand
>implying the distractions available when on the computer don't interrupt the writing process
>>
>>7387489
>>
>>7387489
>implying any of those are true
>>
>>7387451
>Writing is so inefficient nigga
What if you're writing poetry ? It's not a race then.
>>
Blank paper. Ruled if for notes and babies, the blank paper gives you room for your handwriting to grow, spread, move fluidly without the anxiety of sticking to the lines/ keeping in confined space.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.