[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Book Pirates General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: libhen[1].png (13 KB, 472x237) Image search: [Google]
libhen[1].png
13 KB, 472x237
https://torrentfreak.com/sci-hub-and-libgen-resurface-after-being-shut-down-151121/

>Last month a New York District Court issued a preliminary injunction against several sites that provide unauthorized access to academic journals. As a result the operators were ordered to quit offering access to any Elsevier content and the associated registries had to suspend their domain names. After a few days the registries did indeed disable the domain names mentioned in the lawsuit which are currently all unavailable, much to the disappointment of the sites’ users.
>However, the operators of Sci-Hub, BookFi and LibGen have no intention of complying with the U.S. court order. Instead, they’re rendering the domain suspensions ineffective by switching to several new ones. At the time of writing LibGen is readily available again via several alternative domains. Except from a new URL, not much has changed and the site is fully operational. Similarly, BookFi is also accessible via various domains including Bookfi.info.
>The same is true for Sci-Hub, which changed its address to a .io domain. TF spoke with the site’s operator, Alexandra Elbakyan, who confirmed the move and is still hopeful that she can get the original domain back. “Several new domains are operating already,” Elbakyan says. “For some reason, I think that in future justice will prevail and all our domains will be unblocked.” To make sure that the site remains accessible, Sci-Hub also added an .onion address which allows users to access the site via Tor, and bypass any future domain name suspensions.

To all those who had anxiety last month, all is well.
>>
Never worried for a second. Elsevier can suck my dick.
>>
been using mirrors this whole time but large swathes of stuff seems to have gone missing in the midst of all this
>>
>>7382564
I didnt notice using their bookzz and booksc mirrors.
>>
What is the ruskie site for ebbok
>>
>>7382554
Heh, thanks OP.
>>
Bibliotik ftw
>>
>>7382981
Out of the question for some people, so having the option of libgen and bookz is nice.
>>
>>7382993
>Out of the question for 99% of people and only really accessible to what.cd power users since they started banning anyone who has used torrent invite trade sites

ftfy

>>7382981
If you are using btdigg+bookzz and have overdrive access, you will find any book with an epub publication
>>
>>7382554
>people actually expected Russians to give a fuck about an American court's copyright takedown orders
>>
>>7383327
Based Russians. Squat to victory.
>>
>>7383338
>>7383327
Reading reddit it seems tT the .io site and others need vpn or proxy to access it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.