[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Scott Lynch's work? Personally,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: TLoLL.jpg (126 KB, 250x384) Image search: [Google]
TLoLL.jpg
126 KB, 250x384
What do you guys think of Scott Lynch's work? Personally, I love it
>>
>>7380712
Personally, I think it's crap. The writing makes me cringe, it's just terrible.
>>
Couldn't get through the first book. Took way too long for anything interesting to happen.
>>
Hello Scott Lynch!
>>
>>7380712
For a novel that's supposed to be "fun" and "entertaining" it was boring as fuck. Dropped after a few hundred pages.
>>
>>7380926
This. I've tried reading it three times but have given up every time, and I'm someone who has quite a bit of patience with books.
>>
I liked it well enough, for a fantasy it avoided most of the cliches - chosen one/royal heir protagonist, villain who's evil for the sake of it, etc. It's more like a crime novel in a magical setting than straight fantasy, and even then it's not particularly magical (no non-humans, only ruins of stuff they built)
>>
Personally, I think it's shit
>>
The first one was pretty good. The second one sounded awesome, but is pretty boring. Dropped it halfway through.
>>
I liked it, but it wasn't that great. Now I'm in the market for some Ocean-11-heist stuff though, doesn't need to be fantasy. Any recommendations?
>>
1 GOAT
2 wtf are you doing but still kinds fun
3 wtf are you doing you fucking asshole but honestly I understand at this point since you wrote yourself into a corner but I'm glad you resolved all those broken storylines and manged to somewhat introduce Sebetha once and for all hopefully your next book comes before GRRM's and is more fleshed out like the first one
>>
Pretty derivative. Tried too hard to be gritty and real. No real emotional connection to the characters. Dialogue was stilted.

I wouldn't consider reading the rest of the series. I'd rather read through Discworld again.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.