[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/izens How do you organize your bookcases? I know most of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 20.png (55 KB, 516x632) Image search: [Google]
20.png
55 KB, 516x632
/lit/izens
How do you organize your bookcases? I know most of us are too patrician or autistic to organize simply by author's last name.
I normally go for format of work, (novels, short story collections, poetry, plays, and philosophical texts) but I'm looking to do something new.
>>
i sepreate mine by philosophical texts and everything else
>>
I organise mine by colour and format; hardbacks on one shelf, paperbacks on another.
>>
>>7377621
I take it you read primarily philosophy, right?
>>
>>7377617
whatever they fucking fit.
>>
>>7377631
you would be correct
>>
>>7377636
>tetris approach
only answer
>>
I sort mine from how much I enjoyed the book (left being worse to right being most), if a book beats my rating system it's laid out horizontally on the top of bookshelf. Only one book has claimed that spot and yes I said yes I will Yes.
>>
>>7377629
You sound like that guy who has four shelves of Penguin classics.
>>
Thoughts of organizing by publisher? Majority of my books are NYRB Classics, Vintage, and Norton Critical
>>
I don't have a proper bookshelf so I stick all of them side by side and whatever the two thickest ones I have I use them to keep the others from falling.
>>
>>7377684
Good use of the meme trilogy senpai
>>
>>7377689
Currently those two books happen to be insomniac and the stand by Stephen king.
>>
>>7377617
I arrange my bookshelves by ~emotion~
>>
>doing anything but alphabetically by author last name
>and of course with anthologies and whatnot at the very end
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.