[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>open up the atlantic / nyt/ Washington post / guardian /
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: How-To-Be-A-Deep-Thinker.jpg (13 KB, 430x322) Image search: [Google]
How-To-Be-A-Deep-Thinker.jpg
13 KB, 430x322
>open up the atlantic / nyt/ Washington post / guardian / new yorker
>the perils of the malaysian tie fitting industry
>puff piece on a politician
>the excesses of wall street
>the big problem on campus
>white guilt galore
>a new development in cancer research / psychology / diet research

Is this the best of journalism?
>>
>open up /lit/
>memes

this is the best
>>
>>7376937
I mean, you dont go into the Atlantic trying to find right leaning issues.

I prefer BBC America, Reuters, the long war journal, christian science monitor, foreign affairs and ars and torrentfreak
>>
>>7376937
>implying White people didn't commit horrid acts in the past and still do even though people who didn't commit these acts shouldn't feel guilty for what their ancestors did
>implying Wall Street and capitalism isn't excessive and bringing itself to utter collapse
>implying the media caused this pop-sci phenomenon and not engineers and bad researchers like Dawkins, Nye, and NDT
>>
>>7376937
I subscribe to the economist and the nyrb. that's all you need buddy.
>>
>>7377054
>bad researchers like Dawkins
Say what you will about the guy's atheist debates, but wasn't he a very well respected biologist long before he was ever a 'famous atheist'?
>>
>>7377210

>the economist

the foreign policy/geopolitics/world news section of it is almost all pro regime-change and pro free-trade propaganda

aside from a few of its articles on economics its only useful for learning about election results in obscure countries
>>
>>7377401
That's what's useful about
You can see what the Illuminati are thinking
>>
>>7377401
Just read around that shit.
>>
>>7377425

I know, and there is some good content but after reading it cover-to-cover every week for 6 months I got fed up with how insufferable they are and how they just omit everything that contradicts their narrative.
>>
>>7377618
It stands on it's own as a novel and is quite good. I'd suggest getting A Wild Sheep Chase and Dance Dance Dance though. They're some of Murakami's best.
>>
>>7376937
>white guilt galore

Just deal with it. We live in a clearly racialized world order based on the exploitation of black and brown bodies. Fight it or just accept you are a crappy person
>>
>>7377710
?
>>
>>7377799
He probably meant to post in a different thread but posted here by accident.
>>
>>7377221
he coined the word meme
>>
>The Guardian
Shit, half of their articles are fluff pieces written for their moron audience (ie. British women).
>New York Times
No longer relevant. Their crossword answers are more poignant than their reporting.
>Washington Post
See above, remove crossword.
>New Yorker
Pure ideology aimed at East Coast yuppies who like to use words like 'ethical consumption' and 'fair trade'.
>The Atlantic
Do you even need to ask?
>>
>>7377846
actually good news sources
>/pol/
>Thulean Perspective
>David Icke
>Jeff Rense
>Vanguard News Network
>>
Notwithstanding political biases, it does seem like modern journalism is very glib and unimpressive
>>
>feminist complaining about something trivial
>white guilt
>political news
>white guilt
>hollywood scandal tangentially related to white guilt or feminists complaining about something trivial
>>
>>7377898
god it does suck to be a white dude nowadays.
>>
No one ITT knows anything about journalism or reads it regularly

"the state of journalism eh?" "Coloreds and women everywhere." Very insightful.
>>
>>7377846
So what do you suggest?

assuming you are not >>7377872
>>
I had my hopes up for a good thread but now this...

Live news i go Reddit. Actual articles: BBC, Christian Science Monitor, Economist, bloomberg, reuters, and NewYork Times isn't bad.
>>
>>7377973
>implying the people writing white guilt pieces aren't rich whites
>>
>>7378097
>I had my hopes up for a good thread but now this...

Heed my words: No good can come of a thread that starts with "white guilt"
>>
>>7377821
So... Yes?
>>
>>7377991

CounterPunch
WashingtonsBlog
Strategic-Culture
Democracy Now
Project Censored
>>
>>7377973
i don't think anyone so far has complained about who is authoring the articles
>>
>>7378853
But the resentment's there. Many White people get outraged everytime someone calls for people of color to be treated with empathy andrecognized as human.
>>
>>7378960
Maybe thats what you would like to be the case but in actuality thats bullshit and the truth is that we just get irritated when some people think its cool or sophisticated to write articles centered around denigrating white people or when they are really stupid complaints from people on twitter when someone doesn't bend over backwards to praise POC profusely at every opportunity and then those complaints are written into a pointless and hamfisted article.
>>
When is the media going to stop pushing conflict between people? There literally would not be half the racial conflict and hatred there is today if the news agencies weren't constantly publishing pieces about how oppressed those poor black people are or how evil those murderous white people are. And don't get me started on Obama. Remember how he was supposed to be the bipartisan president who would reach across the aisle and work to bring people together? Because I sure fucking do.
>>
>>7379022

The MSM will never stop because it drives up ratings the more controversial it is and it distracts from the real issues the MSM would prefer not to focus on.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.